S i x

~ Emily ~

"Oh Emily, I'm really excited!!" Skye squealed for the umpteenth time, today.

Right now, she's practically jumping up and down like a five year old.

We are now waiting at Skye's balcony for Rayne to arrive.

Skyler and I live close, but not quite neighbors, though.

Rayne returned from his basketball tournament, which was held in another city. He had once taken us to his university to watch him play, and I can assure you that he's got some real talent in that game.

Rayne is also the humblest human I've personally known. Whenever Skye compliments him on his game, he gives the whole credit to his coach and hours of practice.

But the truth is that he is a natural.

Skye was sulking really bad the day he left for the championship. You've no idea about the things I had to do to lift her mood up.

Interrupting my thoughts, a BMW pulled up at her home, and Rayne got out of it.

Skyler didn't waste another moment to hurry towards her boyfriend and hug the air out of him.

I giggled silently at her behavior.

They were super adorable.

I coughed to gain their attention. "Looks like sky and rain finally meets again."

Rayne turned his gaze towards me,"So, 'the heart in the wood', did Skyler bother you so much, y'know, while I was away?"

This was Rayne's usual comeback for my nicknames for them.

'Heart in the wood' for 'Heartwood'. So creative.

"You have no idea about how much she put me through!" I faked a tired expression.

"Hey! It wasn't that bad!" Skye defended.

"Yeah, sure." I mocked her.

Rayne and I laughed at her defensive attitude.

"So, how was your game, Rayne?" I asked him.

He smiled and replied,"We lost in the finals, but we did put up a good fight."

Oh!

"And that's the sportsman spirit, Mr. Hart!" I cooed up to him to lighten his mood.

He chuckled and nodded knowingly.

"So," Skye trailed off, "Since Ray is back, how about we go out and have some fun?"

"Of course, that's what I was thinking about!" Rayne cried in excitement.

He is usually not the type to let his emotions, but this is a first. I recall that Rayne used to be an introvert when he first met Skye, but he is loosening up now.

Skyler has that effect on people.

"We can go to the mall!" Skye squealed again and turned towards me, "How does that sound, Em?"

I shrugged. "Whatever you like, Skye."

"Okay, then the mall, it is." Rayne confirmed, and we all got in his car.

On the way to the North Plaza Mall, I remembered to text my mom, who will be in the hospital, at the moment.

.

'Hey, mom!'

'I'll be with Skye and Rayne for a few hours. Is that okay?'

.

Even if she declines, I can't help as we're already on our way, so no stepping back.

But my mom's nice. I know.

The reply popped up almost immediately.

No matter how busy her work schedule is, she always keeps her phone on for her dear kids' calls and messages.

.

'Yeah, sure honey, take care. Love u! ❤'

.

Okay, now that went well.

In no time, we pulled up at the mall, and now, my only concern is to have fun with these adorable humans. . .

We took a little more time than mom had agreed to, but it's not every day that I hang out, so she'll be okay.

Today was really a long and tiring day.

We did shopping, balling, gaming, dancing, singing, and whatnot.

Not to mention - stuffing our mouth with junk food.

That was my favorite part of the day.

Rayne dropped me at my house, and Skye and I hugged and parted our ways.

I haven't had such an amazing day in a long time.

And I don't know when I'd get to live another day like this.