81.

So finally the fuçker got the guts to show himself up, Liam Payne thinks as he makes his way through the gym building and outside to the track field area, which is like a second home to him.

Track is his life, and he looks forward to doing something related to the sport in his future.

Swiftly casting a gaze around the empty bleachers and field, Liam plops down on the second row of the creaky wooden bleachers, pulling out his cell phone from the pocket of his black Adidas hoodie, twisting it in his hands as his eyes are trained on the curved track field.

Heaving a small sigh, Liam realises that he's actually nervous and excited for this Lucas guy to finally show up. He's curious, he wants to know the person behind the witty comebacks, and the person with whom Liam-- despite trying his level best not to-- has formed something akin to a bittersweet friendship, which he still refuses to admit he likes.

This guy infuriates him, makes him laugh 'til his stomach hurts and makes him smile like an idiot all just from his texts. And no matter how much Liam wants to deny that he wants to stay friends with the person, he can't.

He's strangely become fond of the person who stalks him and calls him daddy and forcefully sexts him. He knows it's mad, but who gives a damn by now. Liam is pretty sure he won't be able to stay mad at the guy for long. That is, even if he even is a guy.

Liam knows it could be a catfish or nothing at all who he expected. But all he knows for now is that he isn't going to punch the guy the minute he finds him out. Yeah, maybe.

Running an idle hand through his short hair, Liam opens his phone pulls up the Stalker's texts.

liam: where are you? chickened out already? i knew it

lucas: i'm actually making myself presentable. ;) oh, and calming my nerves a little

Liam scoffs, placing his phone back inside his pocket, a small smile still playing on his lips.

Ten more minutes lapse, and Liam shoots Lucas another text as he gives him five more minutes, and then he will leave.

• • •

Louis Tomlinson's phone dings, and he slightly jumps at the sound. Reading over Liam's text, he replies to it with shaky fingers. Okay. Now or never.

"Okay guys. This is it," Louis whispers, chewing on his lip, and Zayn pats his shoulder supportively.

"Freaking finally," he says with a smirk. Stuffing his hands in the pockets on his denim jacket, the tan boy shrugs. "Listen Lou," he then says sternly, making Louis look up from his entwined hands.

"It's going to be okay. Just go out there and tell him, like ripping off a band-aid. I know it'll hurt but you let this go too far. So just go with it now, yeah? This is your last chance, he already asked for your number once," Zayn advises, and Louis nods shakily, carding a hand through his feathery hair.

Liam had asked him out on a date at lunch today, in front of everyone. Louis had of course instantly said yes, swallowing down the guilt by consoling himself that he's going to tell Liam in a few hours no matter what. But after lunch, Liam had stopped him and asked for his number naturally. To which Louis had made up an excuse and said he just bought a new number and doesn't remember it. He had taken Liam's number and promised to text him.

But little did Liam know that Louis already had his number. Oh boy.

"I know Liam really likes you, I mean he asked you out! So he'll forgive you. He won't punch you, I hope," Harry Styles says, then frowns. "I'm not helping, aren't I?"