War Wounds

I heard the buzzer go signaling the end of the period just as the doctor got ready to stitch up my side. i heard the boys walking into the room just as he began stitching

"ow!!!!!!" i screamed in pain

John burst through the doors a second later asking what the hell way going on  before he realized i was just screaming in pain. he came over to the side of the table and gave me his hand to squeeze. it helped take my mind off the pain and soon the doctor said

"you're all done. the stitches will probably leave a scar but  in a week or so the stitches will have disintegrated  and you can go back to playing. make sure you keep it bandaged. also no lifting anything over five pounds. if you have any question just come and ask me."

the doctor got up and left. John helped me up off the table and walked we into the room where coach Q was talking to the boys about what they needed to work on for the second period. when he heard me walk in he asked

"how are you Ariel? what Cody did was completely out of line and i want you to know he will be punished for what he did. i promise."

"i know coach." i said sitting down in my stall.

the guys all came up to me on the way out and made sure i was okay. John was the last one to leave the room and he came up and asked

"Are you still okay to go out after the game cause if you're not we can go some other  time."

"No i want to go out after the game." i said before giving him a kiss "now get out there and win."

soon the game ended and the guys came into the room cheering. once coach Q finished his post game speech the media came in for their post game interviews.

"Ariel what sparked the outburst from Cody today?"

"There is some history but i didn't realize there was that much bad blood."

"What are your injuries and how long do you expect to be out?"

"i have a broken rib and i needed twenty stitches to close the wound. i'll be out for about a week and a half."

"how do you feel the team has been playing in the recent weeks?"

" i think we have been playing well we've been getting wins and that's the most important thing. we'er a great team filled with a lot of great guys and i know that we will have a great rest of the season."

after the media left i began to get ready for my date with Johnathan.