Chapter 15

Song in this chapter/mentioned in this chapter

7 rings - Ariana Grande

34 + 35 -Ariana Grande

Parents - Yungblood

19 you + me - Dan + Shay

18 - Anarbor

Part of me - Katy Perry

Julie's POV

I walk of the plane, me and the boys get onto the bus. It is about 3 so we have a few hours before the show. Before the bus takes off Nora walks in to tell us something.

"Ok so I have news." Nora tells us.

"What is it?" Alex asks her.

"Well there is a battle of the bands in Denver tonight, they invited you guys, their are a few bands you guys would know." Nora tells us.

"Like who?" Luke asks.

"Well Dirty Candy is going to be there and Deception." She says drawing out the last band's name.

"No." Luke says immediately after.

"Luke come on it would be great pub-" Nora tries to say to him.

"I already said no I am not putting Julie through that." Luke says.

"Luke I will be fine. It will be good publicity." I say trying to convince him to play.

"No Julie. I don't want to see Nick's disgusting face. Deception what kind of name it that anyway." Luke says.

"Nora ummm can you give us a minute?" I ask her.

"Yep, No problem Julie." She says then the four of us step into my room.

"Alex, Reggie what are your thoughts on this." I ask them.

"I do not care what ever you are comfortable with." Alex says and Reggie shakes his head agreeing with him.

"Come on guys you can't be serious. Julie still has bruises from the asshole." Luke says while pointing to my arms.

"Umm give us a minute." I ask the two boys and they leave my room.

"Julie I don't want to do this Nick... Nick... Nick is an asshole and he doesn't deserve to be in the same room as you. Why do you need to play this battle of the bands anyway it is one gig we will have millions Jules" Luke says to me. 

"Luke he took everything from me. I flitch every time someone raises their voice. Anytime I see a guy with dirty blond hair I turn the other direction. I slept with him that is my biggest regret. I feel afraid to get to close with anyone now cause I am afraid they while hurt me, and I am so god damn tired of being scared. " I say the sleep part a little quite. Luke looks down at the ground.

"I am sorry Jules I didn't know how much it meant to you. So I say we better sing that song that we were writing a few nights ago." He says letting out a little smile.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I say as I jump up and wrap my arms around him.

"Let's go tell Nora and the boys" Luke says dragging his feet while walking out of my room. 

They can tell by the smile on my face that I have convince him to let us play at the battle of the bands.

"So Luke is on board." I say.

Me, Alex, and Reggie start jumping up and down which causes Luke's angry face curl up a little bit revealing a smile that he is trying to hide.

Me and the boys head into the venue. We do what we usually do we head on stage and feel the rush of the crowd. We play for the usual hour then we get on the bus and head to the battle of the bands.