Chapter 5

Songs in chapter

Midnight Memories - One Direction

Finally Free - Julie and the Phantoms

-A

I has been two months since Julie and Luke have recorded Perfect Harmony. There is three more months until the tour. Luke and Julie have been really distant and they get into arguments everyday. The band has been trying to write songs for the tour but it is hard when their two best writers are at each other's throats.

"Luke just let us hear the song you wrote we have nothing else to perform because you can't even write a song "that we can use" ." Julie says, using air quotes, to Luke while walking into the studio behind him.

"No, now just shut up about it." Luke says to Julie while rolling his eyes. Julie just flips him off as a response.

The take their spots at their instruments and begin to play. They have a gig at a local club so they are practicing. Julie and the band practice for a few hours before she decides to text Nick. Nick forgave Julie a week after their fight.

Julie: Hey we have a gig at stone's are you gonna come?

Nick: Wouldn't miss it for the world <3

Julie heads upstairs and picks out a purple slip dress and puts on a black corset over it. She goes into the bathroom and begins to put on her make up she even does her own eyeliner which actually looks really good. She puts down the make up brush and looks in the mirror. Perfect. She exits the bathroom and looks in her full body mirror. She runs her finger over the large dark bruises on her opposite arm. She heads back into the bathroom. She firsts puts orange concealer over the bruises then she uses foundation to cover them up. She heads back into her room and looks into the mirror. Good as new. 

Julie heads down stairs to see the boys in their usual outfits ripped jeans and a tee shirt. They all pile into Julie cars and Reggie decides to drive and Luke calls shot gun. The boys turn on the 90's radio station while Julie pretends to gag in the back seat. 

"So Julie is Nick coming tonight?" Alex asks Julie

"Ahh yes I am so excited he hasn't seen me perform since my birthday." Julie says excitedly. 

Alex puts his arm around her giving her a little side hug. The band gets out of the car and heads into the club. They all go backstage and set up their instruments. The band gets called up next they decide to perform Finally Free. The band introduces themselves and begins to play.

Hearts on fire
We're no liars
So we say what we wanna say
I'm awakened
No more faking
So we push all our fears away

Don't know if I'll make it 'cause I'm falling under

Close my eyes, and feel my chest beating like thunder

I wanna fly

Come alive
Watch me shine

I got a spark in me

Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free

We're all bright now

What a sight now
Coming out like we're fireworks
Marching on proud
Turn it up loud
'Cause now we know what we're worth

We know we can make it we're not falling under

Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder