1990s (Ch. 12)

Author's Note: Ok so personally I believe that Julie lives in Alex's old house. When Julie kicks they boys out of her room and Alex comes back to ask her about the music program he looks around her room like it use to be his. So I made Alex's house Julie's in this chapter. 

-A

1994

Alex walks into his house to the smell dinner. Chicken and Potatoes what's new.  He walks up the stairs and down the hallway into his room. Alex sets his stuff down next to his bed and he puts his head in his hands. He can only hold his head in this position for a few moments because his hands are shaking from his anxiety. Alex has been excited and also dreading this day for about 5 years now. Tonight he is going to tell his parents that he is gay. Alex stands up from his bed and begins to pace his room. Alex's sister Inez walks into his room to tell him dinner is ready. Alex's sister is 4 years older then him and she basically raised Alex since his parents went on vacations all the time when they were younger. 

"Hey Alex are you ok?" Inez asks him.

"Oh ya me I'm fine." Alex says obviously being sarcastic. 

"Come on Alex tell me what's wrong." Inez says.

"I'm going to come out to Mom and Dad tonight." Alex said.

"I'm happy and if they say anything wrong I will personally hurt them, and I will be next to you the whole time Alex." Inez says pulling him into a hug

Inez and Alex were brought up in a very conservative/catholic house hold. Alex was barley aloud to be in Sunset Curve wait till they found out he broke the biggest rule in the book according to his parents. Alex came out to his sister about a year ago and she was so happy for him. He was going to come out to his parents till hey saw them walk past a gay couple their comments consisted of 'wow they are going to burn in hell' 'how could a parent raise their child to be like that' 'they make me sick' 'ewww that is gross' and 'why do they have to kiss in public I hate what this world has come to'. Alex had also told Luke, Reggie, and Bobby they all excepted him no questions those boys love each other and would do anything for one another. 

Alex and Inez both head down stairs. Alex grabs a plate and begins to put chicken and potatoes on it then he finds his usual place at the diner table next to Inez. Alex's parents both sit in front of the two of them. 

"Mom Dad I need to tell you something." Alex says taking a deep breath.

Alex grips his hands to his chair to try and keep his hands from shaking. Inez then holds Alex's hand and gives it a squeeze to let him know she is there. 

"Oh no did you get some girl pregnant." Alex's mom says with wide eyes.

"What! No!" Alex says

"Oh that god." Alex's dad says putting his hand over his heart on relief.

"Mom, Dad, I am gay." Alex say then lets out a deep breath. 

Afraid to make eye contact with his parents he looks at his sister who is smiling at him. Alex then looks at his parent who have a disgusted look on their faces. They probably wished he gotton a girl pregnant. 

"What?!" Alex's mom says with disgust.

"No Alex you are just confused." His dad says. 

"No he is not he has been wanting to tell you guys this for the past 5 years so if you could just shut your homophobic asses up I would greatly appreciate that." Inez says to her parents.