Goodnight

Chapter 28

Corpse's POV

I was slowly being brought back to the real world from the feeling of movement.

I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was in a car? I looked slowly to my right to see Sykkuno looking through the window of the moving car. Watching the lights flash by.

I smiled upon seeing that he was okay and I slowly inched myself towards him, embracing him in a hug.

He flinched a bit, surprised that I was awake then he pushed himself away from me?

I looked at him confused as to why he'd refuse my hugs and he sighed, looking in front of the car so that he doesn't look at me.

I looked in front as well, the first thing I noticed was that it was past 12AM already.

Then the second thing I noticed was that Rae was driving? I could see her face through the front mirror.

"Corpse..." Sykkuno muttered softly and I looked back at him, he was still looking away from me.

"Yes baby?" I said, and he started to sniffle, making me worried.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, moving towards him to look at his face but he held his hand out, indicating for me to stop.

"Do you remember what happened awhile ago?" He asked and I squinted my face, trying to remember.

Then the memories came flooding in, about how my face was leaked and the events that happened after. Upon recalling and seeing how scared I made Sykkuno look I frowned and felt regretful.

I shouldn't have lost my cool! I should've done the breathing technique Rae taught me...

"Yes..." I mumbled, a weird feeling was telling me I knew where he was going with this already. And I prayed to God that it wasn't what I was thinking off.

"Corpse..." he said, his voice cracking a little, he sounded like he was gonna cry any moment now but tried his best not to.

"I've enjoyed being with you these past few weeks. I enjoyed everything we did together, I enjoyed cuddling with y-" his voice cracked and then continued. "I enjoyed cuddling with you, I enjoyed even those small moments of us just looking at each other for no reason." His voice was now cracking and he started sniffling.

"But I've been a bad boyfriend...it was my fault your face got leaked, it was my fault you got into that fight." He sniffled again, on the verge of tears.

"So I think-" his voice cracked.

"So I think you should find someone better! Someone who can make you happier..." He sniffled out of sadness, he then finally looked at me, showing how sad and sorrowful he looked.

"Corpse, Im breaking up with you!" He cried out and the car, tears spilling out of his eyes and dripping into the seat.

It was him who said it so why? Why did he look like he was more hurt than me. He said goodbye yet he cried so sadly.

My heart shattered and broke into pieces and without knowing it tears also spilled out of my eyes.

"S-Stay!" I cried out as well.

"I already told yo-" I cut him off.

"Its already the n-next week! Im using my one time prize I won f-from your g-gamd! S-So stay!" I cried out, clinging to the small unrealistic hope that this'll work.

Then the car suddenly stopped and I saw that we were outside Sykkuno's condo.

Sykkuno looked regretful and sorry at me and quickly opened the door.