A friend

Chapter 27

Corpse's POV

We bid our goodbyes to Rae and Toast and went our separate ways.

I could smell the strong aroma from ramen shop all the way from here. I know they were purposely fuming out the smell so they can lure people in their shop. It was smart honestly.

Sykkuno pushed the glass door open and we both went in, the beautiful smell of the ramen was all over the place.

Just the smell of it made me hungry, and I wasn't even hungry just a few minutes ago.

The layout of the place was similar to the ones in Japan. Long counters as tables with chairs on one side and the kitchen on the other. You could see all the cooking happening without actually being in the kitchen.

Kek I cant explain it properly so heres an image for it ;/

Yeah like that but bigger ^

We sat next to each other and a kind looking man wearing the usual dark blue long sleeves with their shop logo printed in front and a white bandana around their forehead greeted us.

(If you know Yukihira Soma's outfit from food wars then thats what the person's wearing)

"Good evening to you both, Im the owner of this humble ramen shop. The menu's in front of you and yeah, just raise your hand or something when you're gonna order." He said casually and smiled at us both before going back to the kitchen to help out.

"He seems nice" Sykkuno said nonchalantly and looked through the menu.

I did the same and looked at the kinds of ramen we can order.

There were so many options with different proportions of certain ingredients like beef and veggies. But luckily it was organized in a way so that it won't be overwhelming for customers to look at.

Sykkuno was flipping through two pages repeatedly, seemingly indecisive as to what he wanted out of the two of them.

"How about I order this one and you order the other one, so you can taste both and pick one you prefer." I said and he nodded.

"But what if you also don't like the one I don't like?" He asked, I shrugged in response.

"Im not a picky eater so I wont really care." I said and he looked uncertain at first but smiled at me and raised his hand.

The same man from before went over to us and leaned down on the counter, grabbing a pen and a small piece of paper.

"I'll have the white miso ramen and he'll have the tonkotsu shoyu ramen!" Sykkuno exclaimed kindly and the person wrote down the order.

"Thank you for ordering, oh and any proportions? Like less veggies or more beef? Maybe more soup?" He said and Sykkuno shook his head in response.

"Okay then! I'll hopefully be done making it in...20 minutes!" He exclaimed and went to the kitchen to start making our order.