63

No. I was still Persphyni. I was still me. Just underprepared and angry about it.

"Your mother will be so pleased to see you." Jaha continued giving me time to scan my way down from the building.

"Who are you? Where's Ontari?" Roan asked. My hands grabbed the trapdoor at the top of the building and yanked it open. The slight creak unnoticed as they continued to talk.

"Not coming out." And that's the last I heard as I silently charged down the steps before coming to an open window off to the side on the bottom floor. Giving me a chance to slip out a different exit than the main one they could all see.

"We need her alive." I rounded the corner, turning down the fenced walkway where I was met with a man's back. A gun to Roan's chest as he attempted to run.

"But we don't need you."

"No!" I shouted before running at the man's back. The gunshot going off just as I reached him. The gunner's body and mine collided into the ground before I quickly rose and kicked his pistol away. My eyes drifting towards the king who clutched his shoulder before dropping to his knees.

I couldn't look at the man on the ground as I drew my two daggers, leaving my sword on my back. My blades glinting in the sunlight as I clenched my jaw. Waiting for them to attack.

Roan was grabbed, then Clarke.

"Hey, don't, no!" Clarke cried weakly as she tried to fight against them. I went to go after her but the crowd of Alie's minions closed the path off.

Their faces void of emotion as I spun my daggers in both my hands. I scanned the crowd, sighing internally when I saw I knew none of these people. I couldn't fail.

"Oyon gonplei," I whispered as I slowly stalked towards the crowd, "ste odon."

With a stone mask I dove head first into the bodies of innocents, slaughtering them.

The first three were dead before they could blink. But after the fourth and fifth body fell, they surged towards me all at once. My daggers spun and slashed as I kicked away those my blades couldn't reach. When the first ten fell, another ten charged.

I twirled, and sliced. I kicked, I punched. Every swing was a hit on a different person, be it Death's blow or delaying mercy.

The first several held no weapons, but the next were prepared.

I locked blades with one man before twisting his out of his hands before ducking a swing from behind. The tip of the sword cutting along the man's throat in front of me versus my own neck. Quickly stabbing my dagger into his side I killed him before he fell. Rising again and I turned to catch the same sword who drew friendly-blood with both of my daggers.

I pushed upward knocking the woman off balance before turning and swiping my daggers across the necks of two men who attempted to catch me occupied. I heard the woman's footsteps return from behind me. My body facing the capital building as I swiftly turned, my dagger swinging down with such a speed it would have cut her clean in half.

But I stopped. The blade end reaching a hairs breath from the skin hiding the vital artery of the neck. My heavy breathing filled my ears as blood rushed rampantly through my veins.

The world stopped as I stared into the eyes in front of me. Eyes that once were human and kind now dull and lifeless as the owner's gun was pointed to my forehead. An inch away from contact. I felt Alie's minions circle us, but my eyes stayed on his as I sheathed both daggers and took a small step forward. The gun now fully pressed to my skull.

"It seems I've escaped Death at your hands for a year, but he always comes back." I spoke my hands at my sides as I stared deep into his eyes. "Go ahead, do what you planned on doing the day you sent us down. Float me," I ordered, my lips curling into a snarl as I spoke my next word, "Father."

He pushed the gun further into my head, and I watched his finger twitch around the trigger. But in the end, I watched his hand fall and his head nod before I was grabbed by three men. One on each arm the other at my back with a sword.

"She's needed in the throne room. Take her to Abby." I went to throw their hands off me, but stopped. This is what I wanted.

I walked with them quickly, a smirk on my lips as I led myself into the elevator. I'm coming Alie.

The elevator doors began to close, my eyes looking straight out them as my father came back into view. My smirk sent a chill down his spine as I watch his hand twitch before he spoke to someone off to the side. His eyes never leaving mine as the last thing he saw as the elevator doors shut was me lunging forward and pulling the two men on my arms together behind me.

My front hit the door as one man's groan followed behind metal piercing skin. I had successfully dislodged the two from my arms and managed to kill one of them by using the third man with his sword against them.

The two men realized what I had done and tried to come after me. But I was too quick. I ducked in the small space, my dagger in hand as I drove it into the second man's gut. His fist falling from where it hit the elevator door and onto the ground with his dying body.

My sword was drawn next as I switched weapons and sides with the warrior charging towards me. Ducking out of the way, I jumped over the dead body in order to not trip, though the warrior didn't have time to as he turned quickly to slice me only to fall short. Literally.

The warrior tripped and fell allowing me to stab straight through the back of his neck. The elevator rising still as I stood atop three dead bodies.

Quickly, I moved the three bodies against the front wall of the elevator so they were facing any passengers after the doors shut. My sword out as I eyed the elevator doors, waiting for them to open. Waiting for the hoard of Alie's minions who'd be waiting for me on the other side.