49

As the lights flickered around me, I yanked my flashlight out and shined it out in front of me as I made my way to Lincoln's room. Shutting and locking the door behind me as I entered, my gut was unnerved by a presence that wasn't friendly. And I'd rather not get caught by surprise. I made my way around the room. Grabbing the small container of sugar cubes, the tiny clear jar fit almost perfectly into my bag. A space just big enough for it left from when I crammed the rest of my gear into the bag.

I continued walking around the room and nearly fell as I stepped on top of something slick. My flashlight shone on top of a leather book. It was Lincoln's. The same one I had seen in Bellamy's hands all that time ago. I crouched down, and picked up the leather binding. My hands opening the journal and flicking through the pages.

My smile grew on my face as I saw the sketch of Octavia, of our camp, the tally marks. My hands traced the red tally mark, Lincoln's words flowed through my memory.

"Potential ally. Gona. Gona means warrior. And it's Trigedasleng."

I chuckled at the memory. Even if back then I was fuming, now I see it as my first lesson with my Seda, with my biga bro.

I didn't know I was on the verge of tears until the small drop of water fell onto the tally page. A few of the ones that had been crossed out were now distorted, saddening me to see that even permanent writing could be ruined by just a single tear.

I slid the journal into my bag as well, moving some things around as I made room. The bag now just slightly heavier with the glass jar and journal, but still overall was light enough to move around with.

I decided to walk to the dining hall, taking the longer route as i kept an eye and ear out for Octavia who was supposed to have beaten me to get Lincoln's journal. My flashlight off as I used the emergency lights to guide me. I had three more hallways until I reached the dining hall when I heard him.

"Okay, okay. Just, just stop!" My gut feeling returned and hit me like a roundhouse to the face.

I slowly crept towards the hallway where I had heard Bellamy's voice. A small gruff mumble led me further as I quieted my feet even more to where you couldn't hear a sound, my silent breaths and rushing blood louder than the halls of what I had thought was an abandoned station.

"Get on your knees, Clarke." I recognized that voice. Emerson. Finally that asshole was in my grasp. "Put your hands behind your head." I made it to a corner where in the hallway perpendicular to mine, Clarke's voice flowed out.

"You can do anything you want with me, just let them go." I slowly set my bag down then pulled the hood of my cloak up as I unsheathed my two daggers. The silver glinting even in the darkness.

I heard Clarke's grunts and the small choking sound just before a body was slammed into something. Stepping closer to the corner, I moved my dagger to reflect the scene and nearly growled when I did.

"You murdered three hundred and eighty-one of my people." Clarke's groans over powered his voice and I couldn't hear him as he continued to speak. "Did you really think I'd be happy with just one life in return." I watched Emerson back up, his body covering up what he was doing, but when the male voice came on over the speaker and the red light filled the chamber, I knew he had turned the airlock on.

"Airlock five. Oxygen venting." That wasn't good. I watched Emerson press Clarke back against the glass and I took that as my chance.

Quietly, I snuck up behind them, my eyes locked on the back of Emerson's head as he whispered to Clarke.

"Now you're going to feel what I felt." I twirled my dagger around and brought it down into his right shoulder forcing him to drop his gun and whip around to face me.

"Not on my watch." I kicked the gun away and switched one of my daggers for my own pistol. "You forgot about me again. How rude." I taunted as he tightened his hold on Clarke. My eyes focused on him as my family inside the airlock struggled to breathe.

"Trust me, I didn't forget about you one bit." I saw his hand move down to his side and he came back with a second pistol, the weapon coming back up to Clarke's head. "That's why I brought a second."

I smirked as he did exactly what I wanted him to do. Now he couldn't push the button without taking a hand off from Clarke. Which gave me the perfect opening.

"Well if you did plan for me, you clearly didn't plan well enough." I threw my dagger straight at the button, skimming the side of his arm as it sunk into the red. Shutting down the airlock, and allowing oxygen to return. The lights went back to white and the doors opened up as I switched my pistol to my right hand and held my second dagger in my left.

"Seems you've failed again. Now Clarke!" I shouted as she elbowed him in the stomach. Making him let go of her and giving me the chance to send a bullet straight into his chest. Then another as Clarke crawled towards the open door.

I slid my dagger back in its sheath and walked up to Emerson as he staggered backwards trying to find his feet. With a smirk I sent a kick square to his chest, causing him to go flying into the airlock. Just passed Clarke and in front of the slowly waking Arkies.

I stalked towards the dying man. My pistol returned to its holster and my other dagger just been yanked free from the control panel, twisting in my hand as I crouched down beside the man.

"You should have died in the mountain. Now return to your people." I slid the tip of my dagger into his throat finally ending his suffering as he stopped attempting to draw breath. His chest falling once and for all as he lay dead in a pool of his own blood.

Steadily, I rose onto my feet and pulled my hood back. Turning around, I walked out of the airlock without so much of a glance to anyone my feet carrying me to my bag then to the dining hall. But my gut told me to the garage, or the hangar bay as Bellamy continued to inform me.

That would be where I end up finding a dead Sinclair after I gathered the rest of the station's dried rations and set them in a separate bag to put in the Rover. And the same place I swore to get us to return back to normalcy.

Starting with killing the bitch in the red dress.