25

"Pike should be in his quarters." Bellamy spoke from ahead of me, my jaw clenched and leg throbbed as I hobbled through the pain.

"Bellamy, you don't have to do this." Clarke tried again.

"Yes, I do." They picked up the pace again and I wanted to strangle them.

"Just let me go." Like that's gonna convince him.

"Believe it or not, I am doing this for your own good." As am I. I went to sprint in to catch them but Octavia slowed them down first.

"Believe it or not," Octavia started, "I'm doing this for yours." Finishing as she knocked out Pike's right hand.

"You can't just hit a guard." She just did.

"I just did, let her go." Octavia said as I crept up behind them, nodding my head at the younger girl.

"I can't do that." I slipped behind Bellamy and Clarke, grabbing the shock baton from Pike's right hand sneakily.

"They're coming." Octavia distracted as I fired up the baton.

"You should go." Bellamy told Octavia just as I swung it into his stomach from the side. His eyes widened as he tried to look behind him only for Clarke to step in front of me, to make it seem like she did it.

"Clarke, hurry up." Octavia said as she looked at the door then back to the blonde as she frantically undid her cuffs.

"Via." Octavia lifted her head and saw what I wanted her to do. I saw her hesitate but I shook my head and extended the baton. "Lower back, it'll knock me out long enough for you two to get away." Octavia stepped towards me and took longer than necessary.

"Just do i-" my groan filled the air before I slumped to the ground. Black covered my vision and I laid passed out beside Bellamy as they ran. The baton rolling along on the floor.

_______•*•*•*•_______

I felt my body moving as arms held me up from below my knees and around my upper back. The throbbing in my lower thigh had me groaning as I slowly tried to open my eyes. The sudden soreness and aching in my back adding to that pain as I inhaled deeply before leaning into the body carrying me.

"You gonna call me a fatass?"I whispered as we continued walking.

"No." He kept it short and brief as we kept walking. It was quiet as I continued to breath in his scent and bite down the pain.

"Where are we going?" I looked up as he continued to walk, the grey hallways of the Ark surrounding us. He didn't answer as he stopped in front of a familiar door.

Tiredly, I reached a hand out and pressed the code to the room, the door hissed as it opened. The room was revealed as we both held our breaths for a moment of silence at the empty room. But soon we shook out of it and he walked the rest of the way in. The soft bed met my back as he set me down gently.

My body sank into the mattress but I forced myself up to sit, despite the pain that erupted as I moved and the wave of exhaustion that crashed over me. Pain and uneasiness clearly written on my face causing him to steady me with his hands as I used his arms to provide support.

"What are you wanting to do?" I cocked my head.

"What do you mean?" He rose a brow at me, his face scolding me as if saying 'quit being dumb'.

"Abby looked at your back, you're on bed rest for the next twelve hours to try and keep from stressing it too much." I straightened up and pulled my hands from his arms. "I'm not letting you get up and do stuff as soon as I leave, so what are you needing to do?" I exhaled deeply as I stared at him, placing my hands on his now outstretched hands.

"Bathroom." He nodded and together I was able to stand and slowly begin moving without his guidance. His eyes watching like a hawk as I attempted to not limp due to the bullet wound but I couldn't help it. And at this point it didn't matter, after all he was the one who shot me.

Stopping at my dresser for the pajamas I stole from the Mountain, I slowly continued to the bathroom where I shut the door but didn't lock it. Carefully I sat on the closed toilet lid and reached down to untie my shoes.

Despite the pain I continued, my mind flashing back to that little girl. To the pain I had experienced that was far greater than now. I knew pain, this was not it. This was just an inconvenience, an inconvenience that annoyed me to no end.

Angrily I tore my shoes off, my muscles tensing as I attempted to not make any noise and alert the male outside my door. I left my black socks on as I slid my pants down and pulled my feet out of the holes before changing into the velvet shorts. My wrap around my lower left thigh exposed as I traced over it with a sigh.

Using the facility, I stood and washed my hands, my eyes scanning the dirty shirt I was wearing. I grabbed the small wash cloth and soaked it in water, setting it beside the sink just before I reached up to take my shirt off. Only, I couldn't get it off.

I tried and I tried, but my back muscles just weren't working. With a clenched jaw, I tried again, forcing myself to go a little higher and worm my way out of the shirt, but it was of no use. I'd either be sleeping in this shirt, or... my eyes drifted towards the white sweatshirt before turning to look at the door, or I could ask for help.

Then again, I'm Persphyni Atlys Kane, and I have two daggers begging for use. Even if it were to just cut fabric. Apologies to whomever could have used this shirt in the future, it's going to need some stitches.