41

Of course he'd want to go to Polis. Probably thought one of Lexa's successors proceeded her. But I had a bad feeling it wasn't. I was told of an Ice Nation Natblida but it was a rumor. And if it was true, I hope they're dead. Cause if not.

My head turned as I watched my dad speak with Bellamy. Their eyes both turned to look towards me, but I was already nearing Octavia and missed their looks.

I put a hand out for my dagger and another to help her stand. When she looked at me I saw her gaze soften slightly before hardening.

"Why?" I sighed and pushed my hands towards her again. Reluctantly she set the dagger in my left and her hand in my right.

"Because I needed to do what needed to be done. I played the waiting game, and it got people hurt. I wasn't going to explain too early in case Pike caught word or actions that made it seem like we were being followed." Octavia still didn't seem convinced.

"I had a feeling someone or something had been tracking me from when I fled. Turns out it was Monty and he was the one being chased. It just happened the timing of me setting this up was perfect, and I couldn't waste the opportunity. But when we get back to the cave. You, Helios, Erebus, and I are taking a walk." I turned and slid my dagger into its sheath leaving no room for discussion. It would be nice to escape for a while. And with the blockade down, we could escape far enough away that it wouldn't matter how many times they tried to contact us though the walkie. We'd be too far away.

I walked in the direction I saw my dad walk off to. His form tiny and retreating, but I could still see him. I smiled, he'd be okay. He was Marcus Kane. Villain turned dad turned hero.

My thoughts were interrupted by the piercing of flesh and Octavia's low voice.

"Jus Drein Jus Daun." I turned and saw a new knife in her hands and in one of Pike's men. Clearly the arrow didn't kill them, so Octavia took it upon herself.

I watched the girl stand up, and I knew that the sweet, butterfly chasing, river swimming, fearless, little girl was no more.

No. She was broken. And the darkness began to take hold. When it finally did, I don't think I'll be able to save her. Which is why I have to start now. She needs someone now, or else she'll turn to me.

A ruthless, bloodthirsty, monster, who fed off darkness and thrives off death. A part of me, that will never be taken away. A part of me, that I have embraced but fear just the same. I am a killer, and nothing would change that.

I wouldn't want to change it anyway. If it helps me protect my family. Then I'll become more dangerous, more deadly, more fearsome. I'll become darker than Death. I'll become his darkness if I must.

I've a new purpose to life. And three of them are standing in front of me now as we make our way back to the cave. Another lies within my mind as a could have been. Another within my heart as a memory.

_______•*•*•*•_______

We never got to the walk. When we got back to camp it was close to night and we needed to eat something fast. Our small rations wouldn't do. Which is why I was out with Erebus dragging around a deer on a make shift tarp with the moon fully risen straight up in the sky.

Finally making it back, I started getting the deer ready for transport. Loosely wrapping Erebus on a tree, I began untying the tarp from the back of his saddle. The rope not budging as I glared at the knots.

"Stupid ass with his fancy impossible knots." I grumbled angrily as I went to try and untie it again, and like before, failed. I wanted to try and preserve the rope, but it seems that won't happen now.

I sliced clean through the rope making it open ended on two sides now instead of none with the knot. Sliding my dagger back in its sheath I grabbed either end of the rope and began to pull the deer along through the trees towards Harper and the cave.

I scanned the entrance to the cave and beyond with a careful eye. Harper was the only one at the entrance, which wasn't good at all. I looked further to my right and saw the Rover. Now I was really confused.

"Don't let her get away!" My head snapped to the sound of Clarke's voice yelling from the cave entrance. Not even a moment later Raven was racing out and looking at the trees around her wildly.

"It's just woods! I can't see anything!" I dropped the rope around the deer and ran over to her.

"Raven! What are you doing?" I asked as she continued to spin around looking for something. Harper grabbed one of her arms, Miller the other as he ran back from somewhere, while Bellamy grabbed her from behind to try and stabilize her.

"Let me go!" She ripped her arm from Harper's grasp while I stood there watching her eyes. This wasn't Raven, something was wrong.

"If Raven finds out where we are, so will Alie." Jasper spoke as he walked up to us. I'd ask later. "She'll come for her."

Raven continued to struggle as Octavia replaced Harper until Jasper injected something into her neck.

"Reaper Stick. Last dose." He explained as Raven fell limp.

"Then we better have used it wisely." I chimed in as I started to walk back to my kill. "And you better explain what the hell is happening."

"Rave-" I interrupted Clarke.

"I was talking to Jasper." I grabbed the rope and began to drag the deer back to the cave. "I'm sure he knows more about this than any of us." I looked into his eyes that were glaring at my boots and hid the disappointment at the anger I could still see. "If we're going to help Raven, I want to hear from a primary source. That's you Jasper. And if you hate me too much that you can't even look at me. Well, that's your decision. I want to save my family, even if they want me dead." I watched his head slowly rise, but before we made eye contact I walked past the rest of them and into the cave where I pulled the deer to a large rock.

My eyes searched the entrance as I waited for people to walk in, but no one did. Giving me the opportunity to set my forehead against the wall and block everything out for a few moments.

A few moments that would be interrupted soon.