65

I grinned slightly and gave a nod. Steeling my face as I hid my emotions behind the wall too.

My thirteen years of hiding my thoughts and emotions leading up to this moment helped immensely as my mind consumed itself in keeping the balance. I felt a soft hand pushing roughly as Alie entered my head.

"Thank you, Alie." I finally spoke, my words monotone making Clarke gasp and reminding everyone she was here still. Alie now became less aggressive in tapping into my brain as we all refocused on Clarke.

"Persphyni," Alie started, but I was already moving towards the blonde, "you know what to do." I stopped a few inches from Clarke and pulled my hood off as I grabbed my dagger.

"What's the passphrase, Clarke?" The words slipped off my tongue as the blade dug lightly into her skin. I discreetly fought back and rested the blade against her chest instead of in her chest. The blonde looking up at me curiously through watery eyes.

"This isn't you Persphyni. Please. I know you're in there. Please, Persphyni."

"One across your forearm." I clenched my jaw and brought my dagger just below my inner elbow, slowly as I kept eye contact with Clarke.

With a small intake of breath, I sliced a thin line far enough away to not cause serious damage. But I couldn't feel it. The blade cut skin but it just felt like pressure, I was numb.

"What's th-" my words were cut off as I saw a flash of pink smoke in the elevator.

"They're coming. We can't let them have you." My head turned towards Alie as she addressed Ontari. This wasn't good.

"I understand." I let my feet move as Alie walked me over to Ontari and Jaha. The former grabbing a fire-poker and began to walk over to Jaha and myself.

"What are you doing. Wait. Stop!" Clarke cried out but her words were meaningless as my hands took the poker from the kneeling Natblida.

"Persphyni, don't do this." I put forth more energy into the mental wall, slightly weakening Alie's hold on me. But it wasn't of much use. I had to play the puppet, I couldn't work on overstimulating my mental capacity yet. I had to play this part. I'm sorry Clarke.

I rose the poker into the air, Clarke's words like a fly as Alie whispered in my mind instructions. With a grunt, I swung the poker down. My strength sent the metal straight into Ontari's temple. I had tried to lessen the force but it was of no use. The girl crashed to the ground limp, bleeding from the wound I had created. She'd be brain dead within the minute.

"No, no." Clarke whispered.

"The damage to her brain is substantial. But she's still alive." I handed the poker over to Jaha as Alie ordered me to retrieve my other dagger before Clarke's rescue team arrived.

As I made it to the pillar and grabbed the hilt of my dagger, the wood of the door flew open, two males walking in with guns at the ready.

"Bellamy, stop him!" Clarke shouted, the gun shot followed not even a second later as Jaha dropped the poker. My eyes met the curly headed male's and Alie began to speak to me. The other knocked Abby out leaving me as the last one standing.

"Kill Ontari. You are the only one who can do it. Now." She spoke, her voice never changing for a second. I couldn't take my eyes of the male as he knocked Jaha out then ran over to Clarke. "Now, Persphyni." I blinked once and noticed my dagger in hand, the blade pointed at Ontari as my arm was reared back ready to throw it at her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I saw him untying Clarke and forced myself back into concentration. My wall rebuilding as I saw her begin to slip through the cracks which began to form once I saw him.

I resheathed my dagger and turned around, covering my ears with my hands and shutting my eyes. Envisioning a scene too real for Alie to think it was fake.

In the scene I cut Ontari's head clean from her body, Jaha's unconscious body still beside Ontari's dead one as the others stared at me horrified. My dagger dripping in black blood as I wiped it off on my cargo pant leg.

"Well done, Persphyni." I held back my hiss at her praise as I concentrated on the false scene I played out for her.

"Persphyni." I heard from in front of me, the word muffled as I stayed strong and finished the vision.

I raced passed the three onlookers and down the hall into a side room where I ran into a dark closet and hid. My mind dark as I finally blocked Alie out temporarily, expanding my walls to fortify my current thoughts.

"Persphyni!" I felt a hand yank my arm. My dagger out and at the man's throat as I spun us around and held him pinned to my chest.

"Persphyni, stop! What are you doing?" I looked up to see Murphy standing there. An unconscious Abby at his feet.

"She's chipped." Clarke spoke, my head shaking back and forth fighting off Alie and trying to warn them. But before I could excruciating pain skyrocketed along my spine from my brain to my feet. She knew I had blocked her out. And she was clearly not happy her minion was fighting back.

A pained groan filled the room as I let go off Bellamy, pushing him far away from me as I dropped to the ground. Hands clutching my head as I hurried to fortify my mental block.

"You can't hide from me, Persphyni Atlys Kane." Alie voiced from right beside me. Her heels in the corner of my vision as I clenched my eyes shut. I hissed as the scars along my back lit up like a fire. The stinging causing me to clench my fists to hold in my scream.

I opened my eyes, staring straight up at the Bitch in the Red Dress. The pain fueled my anger as I glared and held eye contact.

"Watch me," I voiced aloud, my eyes lighting with a fire and my wall forming back to its highest point, "Bitch." Alie's vision soon faded as I successfully overstimulated my brain, though I didn't know how long this would last.