Joy Doctor x Arthur

Arthur swallowed hard as he was cornered by an angry doctor at the hospital. "I'll take it from here, Jeremy." A familiar voice chimed in before Arthur was sedated. Jeremy sighed and glared at the downer before heading off to his work.

The doctor walked over and took off his glasses to reveal his tired eyes. "Can't you just call instead of breaking in?" Darrin said as he held a gloved hand out. Arthur sheepishly took his hand and was promptly pulled to his feet. "I uh...kinda needed...well....it was a last minute decision." He smiled nervously and looked away. Darrin gently cupped his chin and made them look eye to eye. "I need you to not be breaking in, Arthur. Because we've been doing tests for coconut and some of the doctors are going stir crazy from how long we work. You could have died from that sedative!" The doctor hissed as he let his hand drop. "Coconut? You mean that new joy everyone is raving over?" Arthur spoke softly but tried his best to be clear. The doctor started towards the elevator and was followed by the thin man. "Oh boy if you knew the shit I did about coconut. Its still in its early testing stages so we need more volunteers. But we have to constantly be monitoring the patients. And none of us have slept for several days. We just take joy and chug coffee." Darren put his glasses back on as they stepped into the elevator.

"I'll escort you out, but you cannot come back unannounced." Darren pleaded with fear in his tone and was met with a warm embrace. "I promise I'll be smarter next time." Arthur nuzzled the doctor as the elevator began its slow decent to the lobby. "You're the only downer who can steal my heart, Arthur."

(308 words)