Part 10 - [EDITED]

It was Monday. Bella was gone since Friday night. Mia tried texting her a couple of times. She even called her once. No reply. Charlie hadn't heard from her either. Mia was really starting to get afraid. 

She even took it to social media to try to find any of the Cullens' accounts so that she could get some information on Bella. There was nothing. No trace of them online. That scared Mia even more. This was turning out to be more of something from those crime shows she watched.

She checked her messages for the thousandth time before getting up from bed and start getting ready for school. Mia walked inside the kitchen with a frustrated look. "Mom, do you think I gained weight?" 

Liz was in the kitchen with a half-eaten bagel and coffee on her phone. She turned to her daughter. "What makes you think so?"

Mia gestured to herself. "Look how tight this shirt is! It used to be baggy!" 

With a playful smirk on her lips, Liz got up to inspect closer. She pulled the shirt. "Could be the washing machine,"

Mia rolled her eyes. "Yeah maybe," 

Liz looked up and squinted her eyes. "You look taller, maybe it's that," 

"You know female body..." Liz said as she walked back to her chair, 

"Keeps growing until we're twenty-two," Mia joined her. "I know, I know," she sighed and sat across from her mother and started eating the breakfast her Mom prepared. 

Mia could feel her Mom's eyes watching her as she ate. "Have you heard from Bella?"

Mia shook her head. "Nope. Called her too, no answer," she murmured between bites. 

Liz pouted. "I'm positive she'll be fine and back in no time," 

"Yeah, yeah," Mia replied and grabbed her phone. Liz got the message and stopped talking, they both dived into their phones for the rest of the breakfast. 

Mia hadn't told her friends about Bella going missing. Her Dad asked her to keep it silent until they knew more. They both thought they'd hear from Bella by then. They were currently in History where Olivia was telling them about her date with Jean from the day before. 

Mia was acting like she was listening but in her head, she was going over what happened over the weekend. Bella, Jake, the funeral, Jake's new friends, and her Dad. She should be paying attention to her friend, she knew, but she just couldn't stop. 

Caitlyn elbowed Mia. "You're not listening!" 

What? No,"

Caitlyn rolled her eyes. "Your body is here, your mind is not," 

"I know that look," Olivia smirked.

 "Ooooh, Tommy?"Caitlyn added. 

Mia let out an uncomfortable chuckle. "No, I haven't seen him since Friday," Tommy texted her a couple of times over the weekend and today but she didn't really reply. She knew he was annoyed but she had more pressing matters at the moment.  

"What's going on then?" 

Mia shrugged. She didn't like lying to her friends but she made a promise to her Dad. "Nothing, couldn't sleep properly last night,"

Olivia and Caitlyn didn't seem like they believed her but luckily Ms. Wilson asked Caitlyn a question and they had to divert their attention back to the lesson. 

History was the lesson before lunch and Mia was thinking she could either try Bella again or check up on her dad. She knew he tried not to show her but he was worried beyond hell. The bell rang and the girls quickly started to gather their things.