Part 2 - [EDITED]

Mia seriously hated slow drivers. It wasn't like she was a crazed driver too, but when you were going twenty down from the limit, it got annoying after a very short while. 

She checked the road and than got in front of it. She increased her speed a little bit, still under the limit, and went on her way.

Just as when she arrived to the cafe where she and the girls were going to meet up, the siren of a police car stopped her. She pulled right on the road and took out her registration with her heart beating at her mouth.

It wasn't like she was never pulled before but this time she actually did something illegal. She sat up straight on the seat and looked ahead, trying to put an innocent look on her face. 

The window was knocked gently. Mia took a deep breath and rolled down her window. " Officer, I--" she started but she stopped talking when she saw Chief Swan. 

He was the Chief, why was he spending time on the streets like the cadets?

"Amelia," he sounded surprised. 

"Uhm, I actually prefer Mia, Chief," 

He nodded. "Alright, Mia. Were you aware of that maneuver you did two miles back?"

She pressed her lips together. Would it help if she complained about the slow driver? Probably not... "Please don't tell my mom,"

"Do you usually drive like this?" Charlie asked instead.

Mia shook her head. "No sir," 

Charlie gave her a look and took a deep breath. "Normally, I should be giving you a ticket," he started, "but I'll let it slide for now. No more adventures, alright?"

"Understood, sir,"  She took a deep breath of relief. She would have to spend the money she saved for a new phone if she got a ticket, and wanted to pay without her mom knowing. 

"Good, be safe out there," Chief said and walked back to his car.

Mia slowly turned on her car again, even used the blinkers and drove away. It was a close call, guess her Mom's friendship with Chief Swan would really pay off.

"Have you asked your Mom yet?" Olivia asked as soon as she sat down. 

"No, not yet," Her birthday was in a few weeks and she was finally turning seventeen. She was born in December so she was younger than all of her friends.

"Why?" Cait asked. 

"I know her, I need to ask her when it's closer or she'll never agree to it, saying the future is so away and I might come up with other plans. You know how she is,"

Caitlyn huffed. She was pissed because Jack did her move the night before, he replaced her shampoo with hair bleach and now Cait's hair was blonde, opposite to her usual chestnut, which she was hiding under a beanie. They were dying it back to her color tonight, after getting food.

"I'll just have to find out when she has the night shift that week, the rest is easy," Mia murmured, with her mom at the hospital she would say she was inviting over a few friends over for her birthday and they would have a party. It was a solid plan.

They were going to invite people from school, including Mike for Cait now that he was single again. Cait made Jack promise to come before their fight and he agreed to bring people over as well. When the team was coming, other people did too.

The only way Mia agreed to a party of that magnitude at her house was because Olivia and Caitlyn promised to help her clean the day after, before her mom got back home.

" I'll take care of it, I promise," she smiled. 

Cait forced one tout oo, "You better, it's one of my last chances to shoot my shot before the semester ends and before he finds another girl,"