Part 8 - [EDITED]

The weekend that followed Mia's first stay-over at the Swan house, she had her first official date with Tommy. It went nice. Although she learned that Charlie-- her Dad basically threatened to hunt him down and make him suffer if he ever hurt her. 

That was a refresher! 

Mia spent the rest of the weekend with Caitlyn and Olivia. Because Jack got in a fight at school he lost his driving privileges, again, and his car was now Caitlyn's for the whole week. Mia told them about everything. About her dad, Bella, and what her mom told her. She did not miss anything. 

Once the emotional talk was done it was time for the gossip. Specifically about what happened with Tommy. Mia also told Caitlyn about Friday night and Mike. She said that Mike ended up texting her that night. The girls' theory was that it was both to spite Jack and to still get Caitlyn after Bella was uninterested in him. 

"He's not that good of a kisser anyway," Caitlyn said. 

"I'll take your word for it," Olivia responded. 

Caitlyn rolled her eyes. "Enough about him. I'm more curious as to how nice Jack's been to you," 

Mia sighed and leaned back on her chair. They were in a cafe in Forks, one of the only two in the town, and for their luck, it wasn't full. They were able to gossip however they liked. Everyone knew everyone and word spread quickly, especially among teenagers. 

"I know right? I'm just as shocked as you are," Mia replied. 

"I think he's becoming sentimental because in a few months he won't have us to torture," Olivia chuckled. 

"Valid point," 

Caitlyn sighed. "Cody's been texting me ever since the party,"

Mia and Olivia were surprised at that. Cody was a classmate of theirs and the pair initially flirted but it never got anywhere. "That's unexpected, what are you gonna do?" 

"We'll see. I said okay to coffee," Caitlyn replied nonchalantly. 

"Why aren't you excited more?" Olivia asked. 

She shrugged. "I don't know, I heard he just broke up with Melanie. I'm not interested in being a rebound. But... Enough about me, did that girl ever hit you back?"

"Girl? What girl? Why is the first I'm hearing of this?" Mia exclaimed. 

Her friends sneered. "Well, your attention was way less on us and more on Tommy's face," Mia gave them the middle finger. 

"We met at the party. She's a friend of Jenny Blitz. She's from Shuwah," Olivia explained. "And, yes, she texted me Thursday night. We have been texting ever since," 

Caitlyn and Mia squealed together. "What's her Insta?" Caitlyn asked while Mia opened up Instagram on her phone. 

"I knew you were going to do this," Olivia rolled her eyes, "Here," 

The girls were now walking toward Olivia's car and also trying to squeeze out more tea on her possible girlfriend. Olivia was adamant not to give it to them. Mia's phone started ringing. 

"Hey, dad," she answered. With each time it got easier to make the word out. 

"Hi, busy?" Charlie asked. 

"I'm with Cait and Olivia," she replied. "Is everything alright?" 

Charlie grunted before answering. "It's Bella. She didn't tell me much but I was hoping... maybe you had an idea?"

Mia heard him sigh. Honestly, she had no idea. She hadn't seen her sister ever since she stayed there. "I can try," 

After an hour, once Olivia drove Mia home, she got to her bedroom and called Bella. She opened the phone at the first ring. She sounded disappointed. "Hey,"