Part 26 - [EDITED]

A/N: Lots of Marvel and DC references in this chapter, and also Endgame spoilers if you haven't seen it. 

The next morning, Mia went down to Emily's after having breakfast with her Mom. Liz had stayed late and taken off from work to see her. This was the first time they had seen each other in a full week. Mia had given her Mom a quick rundown of the situation at hand.

She joined the patrol soon after breakfast. Neither Sam nor Leah were present. The guys informed Mia that Sam went to talk to the Cullens on his own with what Jake told him. And no one had heard from Leah.

The rest of the pack was outside of Emily's house, waiting for Sam to return after patrol ended. His talk with the Cullens would determine whether they would stay on high alert or not.

Mia and Paul were sitting on the stairs leading up to the porch, his arm on her shoulder, her leaning to him. Jared was leaning on the railings with his arms, texting on his phone. No wonder to Kim, as they haven't had the chance to be together for a while as well.

Seth and the three musketeers were playing soccer. Two against two. Mia and Paul were supposed to check over them, and they were, occasionally, when they weren't so occupied with their own conversation.

"Dad seems so excited, he even bought new fishing stuff," he smiled. 

"Really?" He nodded. "Well, if I can make it home tonight, I'll talk to Dad. I think he'll go for it," 

She really wished she could make it home tonight. It had been a while since she saw her father. With school opening up again and this intruder thing, she didn't even remember the last decent time she spent with him.

Bella liked Charlie being quiet and that they could sit in silence together, both doing their own thing. Mia liked that too, but she also liked getting to know her father. There were still a lot of things they didn't know about each other, and she wanted to.

"Did you know that he got some background info on you?" she asked with a smirk. 

His eyes widened. "What?"

Mia giggled. "Yeah, he told me when we went fishing a couple of weeks ago. With Jake and Billy,"

"And?"

Someone shouted over from the make-up soccer field. "He tripped me!" Embry yelled. 

"I did not!" Quil yelled back. Then the four of them snapped their heads at Mia and Paul. 

"MIA!" They all shouted.

She turned to them. "No, no answer me," Paul pouted.

 "I didn't see any tripping," Mia called out. 

"HA!" Quil cheered. 

"No fair!" Embry scoffed. 

"Hey, the lady has spoken. Go back to the fucking game," Paul replied. Embry put up his middle finger.

"Billy is his informant, don't worry, you're good. And if it will ease you, he already likes you better than Edward," she said and rested her chin on his shoulder.

He grinned. "Well, obviously,"

She chuckled and he leaned forward to kiss her. He placed his hand on her neck, pulling her closer and she melted in his touch as always. 

"Hey lovebirds! Eyes over here!" Jake yelled.

They broke apart. "Fine, fine," Mia sighed and they reverted back to their previous position before kissing to watch over the game. 

"Yo, Jake, maybe instead of watching us you should focus on the game, you could score then," Paul yelled.

Jared sighed loudly and put his phone in his pocket. "What's up with you?" Mia asked him.