Part 23 - [EDITED]

Mia woke up, her body tangled with Paul's. 

She kissed his cheek softly and then turned around on the bed to reach for her phone. There was a text from her Mom saying that she was directly going to work. She smirked to herself as she typed back a reply.

Then she slowly got up from the bed, careful not to wake the sleeping wolf, and headed for the bathroom. She was wearing one of Paul's shirts, he had brought some for her over the summer. Since he wasn't usually wearing them and they were sitting on the shelves collecting dust, they both thought it was a good idea for her to be wearing them.

When she entered her room Paul was laying on his face. His hand was stretched out to where Mia was a couple of minutes ago. He squinted his eyes and then opened them. He rolled on his back and she cuddled up to him.

"Morning,"

"Morning sleepyhead," she said cheerfully, "The night tried you out good?"

He snorted. "Must be all the dancing,"

She chuckled in response. His fingers were bracing the skin on her arm. "How about... I take a quick shower, we eat some breakfast to up our energy, then we can dance some more?" he murmured, his lips leaving little kisses on her cheek. 

"Sounds like a plan,"

She watched him walk out of the room and then turned around on the bed. There was a tingling sensation inside of her. Something soothing and warm. She was happy, truly happy. 

A while ago she used to feel like her life turned upside down completely but now she was at peace. Her sister was safe and happy. Her parents were unharmed and okay. She had the best boyfriend in the whole world. All was well.

The only thing that was truly missing from her life at the moment was her best friends. She thought it could be pushing her luck if she could have them back. Things were finally okay, there were no life-threatening problems anymore. But she missed them nonetheless.

Mia snapped away from her thoughts from the sound of her phone ringing. It was her sister. "Marriage bored you from day one?"

Bella chuckled. "Not as bad as I thought,"

Mia smirked even though her sister wouldn't be able to see it. "I'm guessing someone had fun last night,"

Bella chuckled again. "Yes,"

"And?" Mia squealed. 

"It was amazing. You were right, oh my God,"

"I'm glad, you sound happy,"

"Yeah, yeah I am,"

"So, where did he end up taking you?"

"We're in Brazil. I think, technically. We're on an island, a private island,"

Mia's eyes widened. "Shut up! How rich are they?"

 Bella sighed. "I don't even want to think about it but it's... well, a whole goddamn island,"

"Wow, just, wow," Mia mumbled.

"Yeah,"

"Is something wrong?" Mia asked after her sister's tone changed. 

"Yeah, uh, kinda," Bella replied. "When I woke up, I was so happy. Last night was amazing. But then Edward approached me and well, he is sad,"

Mia furrowed her brows. "Why?"

Bella took a deep breath. "Well, you know he's strong, and apparently, last night, uhm, he couldn't contain himself and, uh, I don't know how to explain properly,"