Part 14 - [EDITED]

Once the patrol was over and the pack met again at Emily's house it was about 5 AM. 

"I'm starved," Jared pouted silently. Emily was sleeping inside and Sam looked like he just got out of bed to talk to them.

"Me too," Paul said.

 "Me three," Jake agreed. 

Mia was hungry as hell too. Ever since she shifted she got hungry a lot more often and ate a whole lot more. Being a wolf was energy-draining. 

"I bet Quil's still awake playing that game. Maybe we can order pizza?" Jake asked the group.

"I'm in," Jared said. 

"Yeah, I could go for pizza," Paul snickered. "You still owe me from the race,"

Jared rolled his eyes. "You won by a second," he muttered. 

Jake chuckled and took out his phone. "I'm texting Quil to order the pizza,"

Jake turned to Mia. "You in?" 

Mia's eyes diverted to Paul. God damn it, why did she always have to look at him? And why did he look like that? "Sorry guys. Gotta go back home,"

"Cmon! Aren't you hungry?" Paul asked her. 

She shrugged. "I am. But the sun's almost up," she replied. 

Jared stepped next to her and elbowed her. "So what? Are you a vampire?" 

Mia rolled her eyes and chuckled. "No. It's my Mom. I just can't, okay? See you guys later," she quickly said and started jogging away from them. 

She was the only person out of the whole pack who lived outside of La Push. For them, after their duty was done, it was a maximum of twenty minutes to get home. For Mia, who lived in Forks, it was a whole other story. And because of the whole secrecy and the weird hours, she couldn't even take the car. So she had to jog to La Push every time. Sure she was a lot faster now that she was a wolf and it helped build her stamina but, c'mon? No one liked extra physical activities unless it was absolutely necessary.

When Mia got home it was nearing 6 AM which meant that Liz would be up soon, if she hadn't already. She got inside the house as quietly as possible. 

"Amelia. Kitchen." Liz called out. 

"Shit," Mia murmured under her breath.

Her Mom only called her by her full name when she was pissed. As Moms often do.

"Hey, Mom," she sounded cheerful as she entered the kitchen. 

Liz was still in her pajamas and Mia could smell the coffee brewing. Which meant if she was ten minutes earlier she wouldn't have gotten caught. Liz smiled at her but it wasn't the motherly affectionate smile. It was you're caught smile. "Just coming in?"

Mia smiled. "Yeah. Morning run," 

"Hmm," Liz murmured, "Since when do you run in the mornings? Or at all?"

Mia forced out a smile. "Well, you know, I told you I gained weight. I'm trying to lose some," she said and hoped her voice didn't get higher like it did when she lied. 

"With that cold out there, dressed like that?"

"Running keeps me warm," the words rolled out of her tongue. 

Liz looked suspicious. "What are your plans for today?"

"Nothing much. Some school work and relaxing," she focused her eyes on the oven. 

Liz upped her eyebrows in surprise. "No hanging out with the girls?"

Mia sighed. "Nope,"

"Mia," Liz said and she looked at her Mom. "I ran into Olivia's mom at the grocery store yesterday. She tells me you and the girls haven't seen each other in a while," Before Mia could answer Liz continued. "Charlie also tells me you and Tommy broke up. I knew it was a new thing but I thought we talked about these things,"