Part 7 - [EDITED]

Forks was usually cold, rainy, and frozen but perhaps it was at its peak in mid-January. 

Mia and Bella had started hanging out more, thanks to their common friend, Jake. Apparently, she reached out to him. She found two bikes and brought them over to him so he could fix them. They had been hanging out together while they worked on the bikes together and they invited Mia as well. Since Forks was a small community their winter break was long and they didn't have school for the first week of January. 

Caitlyn and Jack went up to their cabin to join their parents. Olivia was spending time with her family. Mia was happy that Bella and Jake invited her too because otherwise, she would sit at home by herself for a week straight. Plus, Bella had started warming up to her which was nice. 

Luckily, Jake being the person he is, filled the awkward silence between the sisters and was the buffer in weird moments. Sometimes his friends Embry and Quil joined them too. Mia could see Bella becoming more humane at their hangouts, bickering with the boys like she hadn't been depressed for the last months. She was even laughing and cracking jokes from moment to moment. 

It was nice. 

Charlie and her Mom were also happy to see that the girls were starting to get along better. Bella would pick Mia up and they would drive to La Push together. Even though the drives were awkward at first by the third day it started to get less weird and more friendly. 

It was now Thursday, a week after the school opened up, and the girls made plans to drive down to La Push. Bella was waiting for Mia by her truck in the parking lot. "Hey," Mia smiled as she approached her sister.

Bella forced out a smile. "Hi... Ready?"

Mia nodded. But before they could get inside the car someone started to shout Mia's name. When the pair turned back, they saw Jack hurrying toward them. 

"Slow down getaway bride," Jack said once he got close. "You were so fast I almost missed you," he nodded at Bella, "Hey Swan," 

Mia shrugged. "What's up?"

"Why haven't you tested Tommy back?" 

Mia rolled her eyes. "Are you trying to become Caitlyn?"

Jack chuckled. "Just looking out for my bro. I think you guys were good the other night," 

Mia didn't reply. "Just think about it, okay?" She nodded in response. He sighed and turned around. 

The girls got inside the truck and Bella started driving. "What was that all about?"  

Mia quickly told her about the events of the New Year party. Minus her breakdown. "I don't know, I had fun that night. But he's a senior, I don't want to get into anything too serious," 

"Would he be your first boyfriend?" Bella asked instead. 

"No, do you know Garett Wilson? We dated for a year," Bella nodded her head. 

Mia could tell she had no idea who he was. She took a deep breath as she took out her phone and quickly texted the group chat with the girls about what just happened. "What about you? You got your eye on anyone?"

She only realized what she asked once she did. She silently cursed. 

"Erm... Not particularly," Bella said. "I don't do relationships much," 

Mia nodded, not pushing it any further. Just like everyone, she also wondered about her relationship with Cullen but their own relationship was too new and fragile for it to go there. 

As they passed by a cliff Mia could spot a few guys jumping into the water beneath. Bella didn't seem fazed by it and Mia could hear the laughter coming from the people so she ruled out murder and instead focused back on the matter at hand.