Part 19 - [EDITED]

A/N: This is probably my favorite chapter out of the story haha,  I had so much fun writing it so I hope you enjoy :)

Jared's girlfriend Kim was at the house when Mia arrived. So were Quil and Embry. They were playing a game while Jared and Kim were talking to each other. "Where should I leave the food?"

"My mouth," Quil replied. Mia rolled her eyes. 

"The counter's fine," Jared replied. 

Mia did as told and then sat next to Quil and Embry. She didn't want to get close to the couple. The boys were playing a racing game. Mia watched them for a while. She even played a few rounds. "Do you guys maybe want to do something else than play video games?"

"Seth's bringing over some board games," Embry said as he bit into a chocolate bar.

So Mia kept on watching them play a game. Jared and Kim were occasionally giggling but she tried not to overhear their conversation. She had no idea where the others were but she didn't dwell too much on it, except Paul.

He was supposed to do a perimeter check after his patrol today and they hadn't talked since last night. She had already missed him. Quil and Embry dropped the controllers. "We're gonna snack, want to join?" Embry asked.

She agreed and they got up and walked to the counter. Mia grabbed the chips. "Where's your third?" she asked them. She was supposed to stay over at his house tonight, it'd be weird to show up without him.

Embry furrowed his brows. "You don't know?"

"Don't know what?"

Quil opened a chocolate bar. "He's with Bella and the leech,"

"He is?" Mia exclaimed. How did she not know about this?

"Yeah, you know how the plan is to lure the leech army to the clearing? Bella's scent needs to disappear from there so Jake took her from there to somewhere far away so they don't find her," Embry explained. 

"Apparently our scent is too revolting for the bloodsuckers," Jared called out from the couch.

Mia upped her eyebrows in surprise. "Our scent is revolting?"

"I know, right?" Quil scoffed. 

"They thought a wolf's smell would cover it and our ever-selfless hero volunteered," Embry smirked.

"No surprise there," Mia murmured. She was a bit shocked to find out about their scent. She knew the vampires were able to detect them but didn't know it was revolting. It was ironic considering how bad the vampires smelt.

Further than that, she had to show up at Jake's house without Jake. She was sure Billy wouldn't mind it but it was still weird. She was also worried about the three of them, her friend, her sister, and her sister's boyfriend whom her friend hated, being all up on some mountain without anyone around. She just hoped they didn't snap and hurt each other.

The door opened up once again and Seth walked in. He was holding a few board games and some plates with food inside of them. He was balancing them with his hands and chin. "Is that Sue's lasagna?"

"It sure is," Quil and Embry cheered. "Leah's not coming but she let me borrow her deck of Uno," Seth continued. 

Mia was a bit sad to learn Leah wasn't coming. "Dude, I'm like so good at Uno, I'll destroy you," Quil said. 

"Only in your dreams," Embry retorted.

Then the familiar scent of Paul covered the room. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed a spot between her neck and cheek. Mia's body instantly gave into the touch and she felt the blood rushing to her cheeks.