eight

KOURTNEY LEWIS

We crowded around at the edge of the bridge and watched as Sevren blew a kiss at us and jumped. Just like Mallory had done.

"SEVREN!" I yelled. I ran to the rail and tried to look for her. The current was stronger than usual.

"This is all your fucking fault!" I screamed at Bianca.

"It's gonna be okay, she's a strong swimmer. She'll make it." Calum comforted me.

"So much for knitting naked." Michael mumbled to Melanie go giggled and blushed. Ashton divided us into groups of two so we could look on either side of the river. I carefully ran down the slope with Calum, Ema, Melanie and Luke. The edge of the river was covered with pebbles, but no sign of Sevren.

"Isn't that her shoe?" Luke asked. I nodded and wiped my tears. My pantyhose and boot were getting wet, because I had gotten into the water for her shoe.

"Did mom text?" Ema whispered to Calum.

"Yeah, she said she's leaving tomorrow morning for her trip." Ema sighed.

"Sevren!" I heard the others tell her name and I joined in.

"Sevren!" I cried. I buried my face in my hands, and felt a hand on my back. I peeked through my fingers and found Luke and Melanie. They whispered words of reassurance, Calum and Ema still talking.

"What did I miss?" I turned around and found Sevren soaking wet. I rushed to hug her, not caring if I got wet.

"Oh my god. Don't ever do that again." I told her.

"Guys! We found her!" Melanie yelled to the others. They ran over the bridge and came to us.

"I fucking hate you." I smiled. We all walked to the bridge, no one speaking.

"Should we call the police?" Melanie squeaked.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I-i was just asking." She looked down. Michael grabbed her hand held it tight.

"So, um, what really happened with Mallory." Luke asked quietly. Sevren glanced at him and sighed.

"We were at a party, and we were playing triple dog. Bianca was pissed because she had just shaved her head. We were walking the trail and we stopped at the joggers bridge."

"It was my turn to dare, so I picked Mal. I triple dog dared her to jump.," Sevren's voice shook. "She did. I didn't think the current was that strong. They found her body covered in maggots the next day."

"There you go, now you know the truth of how Mallory died and how I got kicked out of Sacred Heart."