Be the anchor that keeps me steady...

(A/N: Warnings-

Fighting.

Violence-not that bad, but I'm just going to put it as a warning, just in case.

Blood.

Hmm, and maybe some threats?

Ok, that's it.

Hope you like this chapter! )

_________________________

Morning found us walking to our next destination. We didn't speak. In fact, we haven't spoken one word to each other since we woke up in bed, still clothed and tangled in each others arms. Tear tracks had stained my face, but we carefully ignored that. Just like we ignored the fact that HE was the one who held me and didn't let me go once since we fell asleep, not the other way around.

The fact that I wanted to hide from him made me cringe. I wasn't a coward! I would be damned if I let something as little as what happened last night make me hide like a blushing virgin. But that didn't mean that I felt comfortable showing that side of myself to him.

What was I thinking? Crying in front of him like a blubbering baby.

My stomach churned with anxiety and my head felt like it would crack open, making me grimace. I fought the urge to clutch my stomach as the anxiety made my stomach spasm, making the wound that was still healing ache.

I wonder what will happen when we reach the place he needed to be in. He hasn't mentioned it even once since we began the journey. What will he do when he becomes King? Will he be a good leader, or a tyrant? Will he lead the people wonderfully like my father does, or will he lead his people to ruin?

What will happen to US when he becomes King?

I had a feeling that he never wants to see my face again. He might even make a new rule stating that I was not allowed near him and his new Kingdom.

I frowned, my head beginning to pound with my heartbeat.

Dammit, I was getting annoyed. Because I knew without a doubt that he would do exactly what I was thinking he would do. It was just like him to be so cold, so…inhuman! In fact, why in the world was he to become King? With his personality, he would make everyone cower in fear of his hot and cold nature!

I might as well be his assistant, since it would be impossible for others to tell him the truth if that truth was displeasing...

Now, there was a thought.

He glanced back at me as I nodded to myself and I froze mid-motion. Those eyes that could chill you to ice or melt you to honey narrowed suspiciously, but he couldn't possibly know what I was thinking. I widened my eyes innocently and even fluttered my lashes as an added bonus to make me seem even more harmless.

Some emotion crossed his face before he gave a small frown and turned away from me. If I didn't know any better, I would have said that that emotion had been amusement. But I did know better, and so I labeled it as constipation.

I wasn't surprised that the cold bastard was constipated.

My head began to feel even more heavy than before, like some pressure was attempting to squish my skull apart. Grimacing, I tried to shove the pain aside. There was nothing to do about it, we didn't buy any medicine in our last stop and all the stores were strangely closed when we began to head out so there had been no chance to buy some before we left. I just have to ignore it.

To pass the time and to help with ignoring my aching head, I busied myself with counting the leaves from each tree we passed. It was better than giving myself an anxiety attack with useless thoughts. I was on one hundred and sixty before I noticed something strange. Pausing in my stide, I tilted my head and stared, my brow furrowing as the shape continued to elude my comprehension. It looked almost like smoke, but it had more solidity than that. What was it?