// twenty-seven //

•Teenage Hurt•

••••••

••••••

A S  L A I L A  S T O O D  I N  F R O N T  O F     F R E D E R I C K' S  H O S P I T A L  R O O M  she tried to gather her thoughts. The decision has been made, and if not Guzman's shocking words, Laila didn't know whether she would have agreed. In a way, Guzman saved her father, but Laila hated thinking like this. She had given Guzman too many chances, and if he disliked not being forgiven to, it was his own fault.

However, as Laila stalled to enter and tell Frederick her decision, she couldn't help but feel regretful this had happened. Just when she had thought Guzman was finally opening up to her, was finally showing his good side, one she knew all along that he had, he took a huge jump back and, worse, cut the ties with her.

Laila wasn't going to follow him. She wasn't him, she had her own pride, and she had given it up once or twice before already. Even if deep down it actually pained her, Laila would forget Guzman when she'd move away, it even could come out as a good thing. The last statement, on the other hand, was something Laila believed least in, and she knew how deranged she had gotten to believe so.

Jada was near her quiet niece, who kept thinking about something deeply. She wouldn't enter the hospital room, but Jada didn't know why. Whether it was the fact that Frederick hadn't talked to her daughter after the incident, or the fact that he already knew what would be said. However, from the half of week she got to spend with Laila, Jada knew Laila wasn't one to look for words. She was similar to Victoria but even her deceased sister wasn't so strong.

Laila was her own person, but to see her struggle to enter made Jada believe that she needed a push. "We can stand here for however long you wish, but someday you'll have to enter," Jada's tone was soft and it didn't pressure Laila despite having meaning to. She glanced at the woman who she was starting to trust a little bit.

After everything, Laila had realized that Jada wasn't the bad guy, even if Laila still held bitterness over her absence. If she was willing to help a stranger in a way, Laila would have to agree, especially since she knew Jada was not giving up because of her.

Before Jada, Laila felt terribly lonely, and even if Nadia, Carlos or even Guzman mended some of that loneliness it was still not enough. Now, suddenly, she had her aunt with her, and she was nicer than most. She also had a cousin, but she was yet to meet him.

Laila knew Jada was right. Laila had to stop pondering, she had to enter, and even if Jada didn't know her decision yet, Laila wanted Frederick to be the first to know. She couldn't keep him in the dark, and Laila hoped he'd be willing enough to accept the peace offering Jada was giving him.