// eleven //

•Changed Behaviors•

••••••

••••••

"L E T' S  T A L K  A B O U T  S A M U E L' S     P A R T Y," the redhead detective continued on with her seemingly never ending interrogation. Laila wanted to sincerely send her to hell because she was done with this whole matter. Even if it sounded bad Laila could've cared less who had killed Marina at that point. She knew it wasn't her fault, at least not as much as others'.

Laila glanced at her aunt, who was rubbing her forehead in exhaustion, having gone through it with Guzman as well. Laila felt bad for Jada, she came at a time things were already very messy, and yet she stayed. Whether it was because of what happened with Frederick or not, Laila was still glad she had at least a bit of support her dad failed to give. "What about it?" Laila asked sarcastically as Jada exhaled and bore an apologetic look towards the detective.

"Excuse me, if I may have a word with Laila?" Jada questioned curiously so the redhead pursed her lips, not really wanting to make yet another pause. However, she nodded and stood up, leaving the room shortly after that. "Laila, you have to stop being so passive aggressive."

Laila rolled her brown eyes expressively, trying not to snap at Jada again, who continued to stare at her niece with a knowing look. "I'm sorry," Laila eventually apologized, calming her sneery expression. "I can't do it otherwise. I'm upset and sarcasm is a defensive mechanism. I'm sorry you don't know me that well..."

"You're making yourself look guilty-"

"How so?" Laila cut her aunt off angrily, meeting Jada's stern glare, one which said Laila had to stop playing a villain if she wanted to get out sooner. Laila didn't back down, tired and drained from everything. "I've done nothing wrong, Jada! If I sound a little too sarcastic, I guess, I'll try not to from now on."

Jada remained silently angry for a second as Laila glared down at the metal table in front of her, trying to dim the guilty feeling in her chest. "For someone who says you've done nothing wrong, I saw you and that boy the night his sister was killed," Jada lowered her voice to a point she was whispering. "And I know that whatever you two talked about that night, you're not telling me or that woman about it. I know Guzman didn't as well."

Laila felt color abandon her face, her hands getting incredibly cold but before they could go on, the detective woman reentered the room, seemingly thinking Jada had put Laila in order again. "Let's continue, shall we?" she questioned as Laila glanced at Jada with a stony look before nodding. "Samuel's party, you went there. Did you see anything particularly strange that night?"