"Youre an idiot, Malfoy."

Hagrid taught Care of Magical Creatures this year. Apparently we were going to see a
hippogriff. Hagrid was always so nice.

Hermione told me all about Hagrid during her first year. We've met once, but he really liked me. He said I had the best personality. And out of the twins I was his favorite. I didn't know if I could believe him though. Hermione was always the favorite.

The books we got this year were complicated. If you opened this particular book the wrong way, it would attack you. The book we had to use for care for magical creatures was called "the monster book of monsters". The book itself was a monster.

When the time came we all headed down to Hagrids hut. There was a lot of students including the trio again. We actually seen each other a lot. I think we had mostly same classes. I hugged Hermione since I didn't during our first class. We exchanged a few words before I went to say hi to Hagrid.

"Hagrid!" I yelled since he was across from me and students were in the way.

"Amelia!" He said with his arms opening wide. I ran to him giving him a big bear hug.

"I haven't seen you in a while!" I spoke before letting go.

"Same here! How's your first day going?" He asked, I had a huge smile on my face. Hagrid really seemed like he cared. Hagrid had always been there for me. He could tell when I was upset. I told him it was going well, because it really was. He told me that he was very excited to be teaching Care of Magical Creatures this year. He had always wanted to. We exchanged a couple more word before the rest of the students came and he lead us down to the forbidden forest where he apparently had something special planned.

"Alright you lot, less chattering, form a group over there, now open your books to page 49." He said as everyone scattered to form a group.

"Exactly how do we do that." Malfoy said with a bad attitude. He was so rude. I rolled my eyes. I already knew how to open my book and Rikki looked at me worth her eyes widened. She didn't know how open it, along with the others.

"Just stroke the spine of course." Hagrid replied.

I watched as he stroked the spine of the book. Right after he looked satisfied with himself. I rolled my eyes. Hagrid had to tell him and he acted like he did it himself. Neville on the other hand, didn't open the book successfully. The book started attacking him, and ripped his shirt. Once he finally closed the book, it happened again. Draco was making fun of him which made me narrow my eyes at him.

"I think their funny." I heard Hermione say, apparently Malfoy had heard also.

"Oh yea, terribly funny. Really witty! God this place has gone to the dogs, wait till my father hears that Dumbledore got this oaf teaching classes!" He said which made the trios head turn.

"Shut up Malfoy." Harry and I both said. We both cared about Hagrid. I walked up a little. Malfoy walked up to me, faces only centimeters apart. Harry standing next to me. He looked over at Harry, a smirk on his face. Then he focus his eyes on something behind Harry. Malfoy's face turned even more pale, terrified look on his face.

"Dementor! Dementor!" He said pointing to behind Harry. I was confused, and Harry turned around so quick. I'm guessing he was scared. I looked at him, then looked behind him. Nothing. I turned around and saw Malfoy and his little "gang" with their hoods up and mocking a dementor. I rolled my eyes. Hermione pulled Harry away. I furrowed my eyebrows. I walked next to Rikki, passing Malfoy.

"You're an idiot, Malfoy." I said which made him scoff. Rikki and I were making fun of Malfoy and his little squad. Mocking their action. Malfoy saw and rolled his eyes.

Hagrid got our attention. And behind him was a huge creature. It was like a horse, chicken.

"..say hello to buckbeack." Hagrid said before he threw a dead ferret for buckbeack.

Everyone's eyes widened. I for one, thought he was quite fascinating. He looked really cool, with claws like a bird or Hawk. A beak, and his long wings. Hagrid said explained it was a hippogriff. Proud creatures. You mustn't insult a hippogriff. I was busy staring at buckbeak, so I could barely make out what Hagrid said.

"Now, who'd like to come and say hello." He started.

I didn't. He was big. I was way too scared. For one, I'll probably do something wrong and end up dead.
"Well done, Amelia and Harry, well done." Hagrid said turning back at us. My eyes furrowed as I turned to Harry. We both looked at each other then looked back. All the other students stepped back, Harry and I didn't move so it looks like we volunteered. Hermione gave me a push while Ron gave a little nudge to Harry before stepping back. We walked over to Hagrid, he explained that we had to bow first, if Buckbeak bows back we could touch him.

Harry and I bowed. We waited there for a moment before Buckbeak jumped a little. We stepped back. Harry accidentally stepped on the branch while moving back. I froze. Harry froze also. We made no sudden moves. From the corner of my eye, I saw Hermione holding Ron's sleeve. She got scared when he stood on the branch. I couldn't hide my small smile. I focused my attention back on the hippogriff. I was going to die. We both were. If Voldemort didn't kill him, Buckbeak will.

We stood there until Buckbeak finally bowed back. We both stood up straight, with a sigh of relief. Good thing I didn't die, it was my first day. Hagrid nudged is to go pet Buckbeak. I gulped. I didn't want to do this. I could have dies just now, don't really want to take anymore chances. Harry and I walked over to Buckbeak, slowly. I heard pushing from behind us, I turned around and saw Malfoy and some other people from the group pushing others. I rolled my eyes. He always thinks he's special, just because his daddy's got money.

We got closer to Buckbeak and he spread his wings out. He didn't want us to pet him. I also seen that Hermione held Ron's hand. OoOo. A big grin was on my face when Buckbeak walked over to us. We were petting him. His feathers were soft, fluffy. He was really a beautiful creature. The rest of the class cheered and clapped. Well some of them.
"Well done, I'll let you ride him now." Hagrid said walking towards us. He picked up Harry and I stepped back. He put Harry on top of Buckbeak and turned around toward me.
"C'mon, don't be shy." Hagrid said while picking me up.

"Hey, hey, hey, noo Hagrid!" I didn't want to get on. Or at least I didn't want to die. He put me behind Harry and I put my arms around him. Hugging him so I won't fall off. Hagrid signaled Buckbeak to fly by hitting his behind.

And we were off.