"Ever heard of knocking?"

"Amelia!" Hermione called from downstairs which woke her.

I groaned, I didn't really get much sleep that night. Hermione kept blabbing about a certain magic school. She goes to this magic school for witches and wizards, I believe it's called "Hogwarts". Even before she went to Hogwarts she was still blabbing about it. Neither of our parents were witches or wizards so I'm not even sure how she got into that kinda stuff. Although we're twins they have very different personalities. I don't go to Hogwarts with her. Ever since Hermione got her letter and I didn't get one they've grown further apart. Hermione spends time with her wizard friends. And I hang out with what wizards would say "muggles".

"AMELIA!" Hermione yelled louder at me for the second time. I got up because she was feisty sometimes, so I didn't want to get on her bad side this morning. I went downstairs still in pjs.

"There you are!" Hermione said as I sat down to eat breakfast. My mom put a plate down in front of me. Pancakes? We never eat pancakes unless we were celebrating something. But today wasn't a special day, or at least not that I knew of.

"Why are we eating pancakes?" I looked around and saw my parents and Hermione with a wide grin.

"No special reason." My mom said as she put a chocolate shake next to my plate and cookies at the center of the table.

"Ok now I know there's really something going on." I said still oblivious to what the special accession was.

My sister had lifted up an envelope in her hand at handed it over to me with a smile.

Confused, I took the envelope and stared at it.
"What's this?" I said as I looked up to see my family smiling still. I had absolutely no clue what was going on.

My sister raised her eyebrows and nodded at the envelope indicating that I should open it, and so I did.

"Dear Ms. Amelia Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to the Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry... Blah blah blah."

I was mostly concerned about the first sentence. How? What? Why?

"Dumbledore has decided you're really ready for Hogwarts! Can you believe it!?" Hermione said as soon as I finished reading the first line out loud.

"No I can't" I said shocked. I really couldn't. I didn't know anything about Hogwarts. I was feeling happy and excited but at the same time mad and upset. Why would they want me to go now? They rejected me once when I was supposed to go. Why do they want me now. I kind of didn't want to go just to show that I wasn't going to take them now. But I wanted to go because it was like a dream I've always had.

"I could help you with everything, don't worry you'll be just fine. I'll help you find classes, find you're way around the school, give you advice on people you should stay away from. Especially Malfoy, a Slytherin. As a matter of fact you shouldn't be talking to any Slytherins, you would obviously get put into Gryffindor, which means you could meet my friends-" Hermione started rating again. I was still in shock. I was more angry than happy.

"No." I said putting the letter down.

"Hm?" Hermione asked with a confused face and her mouth full.

"What do you mean 'no'?" She asked before taking a sip of her chocolate shake.

"I don't want to go." I said beginning to eat.

My mom turned quickly with her jaw dropped, my dad dropped his silverware and Hermione spit out her shake.

"WHAT!" Hermione said after wiping her mouth with her arm.

"I said I don't want to go. They rejected me in the first place. Why should I go now?" Two years ago my twin sister went to Hogwarts while I stayed home by myself. I felt like my parents liked her more since she was not only doing greater things, smart, and pretty, she was now a wizard.

"BUT YOU HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO?!" Hermione didn't stop yelling.

"I know. I've changed my mind. I'm not going." I said before leaving the table and walking back to my room.

I stayed in there reading a book. A few minutes passed before someone came barging into my room.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I asked sarcastically as she walked in and sat on my bed.

"We need to have a little chat." She said as I kept reading.

"Go on" I said looking at the book instead of her. I knew she was going to try to change my mind about going to Hogwarts.

"I know you want to go." She said as she took the book from my hands. She knew me well, I would mostly say it's the twin telepathy.

"Mhm" I said crossing my arms.

"Oh c'mon. I don't know how to change your mind. You've always wanted to go and Dumbledore finally thinks your ready. I think you should go. After all you're a witch now." She said.

"You're the only witch in this family." I said a little annoyed. Hermione was was smarter than me when it comes to the magic. She's been there for two years for merlins sake. How could they think I'm not ready when the didn't even give me a chance. It's about learning right?

"We'll give it a chance since there finally giving you one. Go for a year at least then we'll see how you like it."

"Fine I'll go for a year. But I'm not promising I'll like it." I was convinced. After all I did want to go anyway.

"Well if you do, you owe me, a big one." Hermione said with a little smirk.

"Are you proposing a bet?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yup" she said with a smile.

"Deal"