31

TW's:
*Hospital
*Mentions abuse
*Suicidal thoughts

It was five minutes later and I was still sitting on the rooftop with everyone around me. I had only cried and a police officer had to hold me the whole time, because I was constantly screaming that I wanted to jump. I had been crying and crying, hoping for George to wake up, but he just didn't.

I grabbed my phone, but it was broken. I grabbed George's phone and opened it. I went to Sapnap's number and I called him.

'Hi, George.'

'Uh- I'm Clay.'

'Oh, what do you want?'

'George is maybe going to die. I'm here with him.'

'What happened? Did you do this?'

'I'm sorry, what did you just say?'

'Well, I don't know.'

'No, I didn't freaking do this, you idiot. His dad beat the shit out of him, okay. I have done CPR for five minutes or something and they are doing CPR for five minutes now. He isn't breathing and his heart stopped.'

I heard Sapnap say something, but a man walked towards me. I immediately hung up.

'He has a heartbeat again and he breaths really slowly. We are going to take him to hospital with the helicopter, you can come with.'

I smiled and ran towards George, we went in the helicopter, George was getting oxygen and I grabbed his hand. He could wake up, but it could also take hours. I softly stroke his hand, kissing it softly every ten seconds.

'I love you, George. Please stay strong for me. I love you, I forgave you. I understand why you did it, it's totally fine. I forgave you, I love you. And yes, I want to be your boyfriend.'

The helicopter landed and George got driven inside. I sat next to his bed for hours, crying my eyes out constantly. He was in a coma and it could take hours, maybe days for him to wake up. I was only sitting here three hours now, but it felt like forever.

'George, I really love you,' I said, holding his hand, rubbing it with my thumb after kissing it. Sapnap, Darryl and Zak were here too, but not everyone was allowed to wait here, so Darryl and Zak went home after a while. George had a MRI and we were waiting for the results. I looked at George again and I suddenly felt George very lightly squeeze my hand. I looked down and he moved his thumb.

'George? Can you hear me? It's me, Clay. Can you squeeze my hand if you hear me?'

He squeezed my hand very softly.

'Do you know who I am?'

He squeezed my hand again, which I took as a yes.

'I love you, George. Do you know that?'

He kept squeezing my hand very lightly. I moved forwards and softly kissed his cheek. 'I'm here, George. You're save, okay?'

I saw George squeezing his eyes a little and after a little he opened them. He looked around him, not realising what was going on. He looked at me and smiled softly. He grabbed my hand tighter and grabbed my arm hopeless. He suddenly bursted into tears.

'I'm with you, I'm here,' I whispered.

'Y-y-y-.'

'Don't talk, George. Be quiet.' I rubbed his hand and kissed his cheek again.

'M-m-mad?'

'I'm not mad at you, not at all. I love you, I understand why you were scared. I'm sorry for not forgiving you. I totally forgave you.'

'L-l-love t-too.'

'Shh, don't talk too much.'

'W-what h-h-happened?'

'Do you remember anything?'

'N-no. P-pain, l-light.' He lifted his hand and held it in front of his eyes.

A nurse looked at George. 'What's wrong, George?'

'L-light.'

'Is it too bright?'

'Y-yes.'

'Is he okay? He speaks very weirdly and he forgot everything.'

'He might have brain damage. We are waiting for the results.'

George was softly sobbing and I held my arm in front of his eyes. 'Better?'

'Y-yes. H-hold hand?'

I smiled and held his hand tightly, I kissed it softly and I saw him smile through his tears.

'Love you.'

'I love you too, George.'

'B-boyfriend?'

'I would love to be your boyfriend.'

'Why here?'

'You got beaten up, George.'

'Don't remember.'

Then a nurse walked in. He looked very serious and looked at George, Sapnap and me. Sapnap was quietly in the back of the room, he hadn't talked to me.

'I have bad news.'

750 words