2

TW's:
*Eviction/homeless

The hour had passed quickly and before I knew I was standing on the streets with three of my bags. I had to find a place now, but I had no money. I had to live on the streets. This morning I took a shower, drank my usual cup of coffee, ate my usual bowl of cereal and now- I was standing on the streets with three bags. Tears were stinging in my eyes as I walked towards the park. I was just so incredibly sad.

I walked slowly towards the park, tears stinging in my eyes even more than a second ago. I looked at a wet and cold, wooden bench and sat down on it. My trousers were soaked directly because it had rained quite hard this morning. I grabbed my pillow I had put in my bag and I grabbed a blanket. I laid the pillow on the bench and rested my head on it, pulling the blanket over me. I was still shaking a little because of the cold, I did have a coat but nothing more than my hoodie under it.

I tried making myself a little comfortable and laid down on my side with my hand under my head. I could feel a tear rolling down my face again, making my cheeks itch. My comfortable couch was replaced with this wet, cold and hard bench. My warm bed was just left behind. As tears streamed down my face again, I closed my eyes. I had nothing anymore, no one wanted to hire a homeless guy, I couldn't make enough money to buy a new apartment. I was alone. I had no one, no one was going to help me.

I was shaking because of the cold again, I had just a stupid and thin blanket. The wind was cold and strong. I almost seemed to be a storm. How was I supposed to sleep here outside? In this cold? All the sounds around me, I hated sleeping with lights and when you were outside, you always had some light. If not of the streets lights, then the moon. Would I ever sleep in a normal bed again? Would I ever? I could only wish, wish for saving, but who would help me? I suddenly regretted every time I walked passed a homeless person, every time I saw them asking for food or money and I didn't give them anything.

Why would someone help me? I was just one of them, I was just the same now. No one would help me, just as I didn't when I saw someone homeless in the past. I wished I had imagined how bad they would feel and how bad they wished to be helped, and I? I did nothing and now I would all get back what I haven't done. I looked up, watching all people who were walking past.

A mum with her two children, a boy and a girl. They seemed to be twins and they seemed so incredibly happy. The children were laughing, they were jumping up and down, while both holding one hand of their mother. I saw a man walking, he seemed to be around thirty, he was dressed in a suit with a suitcase, walking fast. He probably had to go to a business meeting.

I looked around more, there was a boy and a girl sitting hand in hand on a bench, the boy kissing the girl's cheek. The seemed to be a couple. I rolled my eyes, I hated watching a happy and kissing couple. I accepted I would never find someone.

I also saw two boys a little further, they came from school I think. When I looked a little longer, I saw they were holding hands. Probably a gay couple. I noticed myself smile a little, I didn't really know why. Gay couples had always interested me more than just a boy and a girl together. I saw the boys walking towards a tree and I couldn't see them anymore after that.

I sighed deeply and I decided to keep looking around, when I suddenly saw a boy around my age walking. He walked slowly, holding a bag. He just went to the supermarket probably. I couldn't get my eyes off him and I startled when he suddenly looked at me too. His lips curled into a smile and he walked towards me, opening his bag. He said nothing and handed me a package full of doughnuts. He smiled as he walked off. I felt a tear rolling down my face. This meant so much to me.

772 words