if I meet you in the middle maybe we could agree

Josie looked around feeling a bit overwhelmed with most of the attention on them. Hope's words were soft and whispered, as if she only wanted her to hear. Finally looking back to Hope, she grabbed her wrist and pulled her through the diner towards the front door.

No words came from both girls as the brunette led them through the parking lot and stopped in front of an unfamiliar car.

The younger girl started pacing around back and forth in front of Hope which made her far more nervous than concerned.

"Josie." The older girl attempted to get the brunette's attention. "Josie..." It was more of a pleading whisper.

The brunette finally stopped and looked up to meet her favorite blue orbs. Hope could clearly tell she was on the verge of tears and she wanted nothing more than to wipe them away and tell her everything was okay.

They were all alone in this parking lot. It was filled with many cars, all variety of sizes but, everyone was inside.

Josie practically lunged forward and wrapped her arms around the auburnette's neck. Startling Hope, she stumbled backwards a few steps but caught herself and wrapped her arms around the brunette's waist. Josie tightened her grip almost afraid that if she lets go, she might lose her again. The older girl moved one hand to the brunette's head and the other to her upper back.

"I'm sorry." Josie muffled out with her voice cracking as she finally let the tears stream out of her eyes. She proceeded to look up and connect foreheads with Hope. "I'm so sorry Hope."

The auburn haired girl looked into her chocolate brown eyes. "It's okay, you're okay." Stroking Josie's hair, Hope whispered gentle and loving words while Josie still held on tighter.

The brunette slightly parted but still clung onto Hope. "I'm so sorry," She exhaled a shuddering breath. "This is all my fault, I'm..." She choked on a sob and clenched her eyes shut.

"Hey," Her voice soft, Hope cupped Josie's face. "This isn't your fault." The brunette looks at her with tender eyes.

"Please believe me." The older girl pleaded. After the younger girl had calmed down, she had decided to speak up again.

"Can we get out of here so we can talk?"

"Yeah, come on I'll drive you home." Hope replies carefully, taking Josie's hand and leading her to her car.

Upon entering the vehicle Hope turns on the engine but doesn't drive off just yet. "Music?" She puts on a sly smirk which makes Josie quirk her lips into a small smile and nod. "Yes!" The auburnette looks through her playlist and picks the one song that was in her current interest, The Beach by The Neighbourhood.

The drive was mostly quiet, the music in the back managed to keep the noise level comfortable.

Sooner or later they found themselves pulling up the driveway of Josie's house. Once shifting the car in park, the two got out in a synchronized manner and walked towards the front porch.

Instead of heading inside they decided to take a seat on the two chairs outside. It wasn't too cold or warm outside, making it comfortable enough to stay out for a while.

The two sat in silence for a few minutes, neither of them knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry, for everything," Josie starts, taking in a deep breath. "I regret taking a break, it was the worst decision I've made, I was just so afraid that I was gonna lose you."