ill take the truth over the story

For what seems like hours, the pair stood in silence. Josie waited impatiently for Hope's response. Hope's eyes darted around the room realizing everyone else was staring at them, particularly Lizzie. The blonde's eyes were narrowed at the two, watching them like prey.

After noticing that Hope seemed uncomfortable, Josie stopped her intense staring to look around the room, as realization dawned on her that they were the center of attention.

"Let's go somewhere private to talk." Josie suggested while at the same time giving everyone a certain look as to say 'stop being so nosey.' Lizzie simply shrugged as the others started to get ready to play their next song.

Hope, still not making eye contact with her, nodded slightly. As soon as Josie got the confirmation, she grabbed Hope's wrist ignoring the spark she felt, and tugged her upstairs towards her room, that way none of the other members could hear their conversation.

Immediately after they're both in the room, she shuts the door and turns arounds facing Hope, who still has not once made eye contact with her. "Explain." Seeing the girl playing with the rings on her fingers, she softens sensing that she's nervous.

"Do you want to sit down and tell me why you're acting like this." The brunette points towards her bed. Hope's eyes widen as she has a flashback to when they were on the exact same bed not even a week ago. When they were merely seconds away from kissing. The thought only makes Hope's nervousness increase, and she visibly starts shaking.

"Hope? Are you okay?" Hope's definitely acting differently, but Josie can't tell if it's for a different reason now.

"Uhm. It's nothing." She hasn't made any indication that she's going to sit down, so Josie assumes this talk is going to be quick. It better be, because she's pretty sure the rest of the band is waiting on them.

"It doesn't seem like nothing." Josie presses on, egging her to confess what's been bothering her for this whole practice.

'I-." She looks up and finally makes eye contact with the brunette, before completely freezing. All they do is stare at each other for a few moments before Hope rushes past her, and down the stairs. All Josie can do is stay frozen to her spot, before following suit and chasing after her.

"Hope, wait, where are you going?" Josie silently curses at the stairs for having so many steps, and at her slow pace. By the time Josie makes it to the front door, Hope has already left and she can slowly see her fading away from her peripheral vision.

Josie loudly sighs, and contemplates if she should chase after her. She then remembers how the whole band is currently in the garage and how annoyed they'd be if she just left, seeing as she's the lead singer.

"Josie! What's taking you and Hope so long?" Lizzie's voice can be heard from the front door, and to Josie it sounds slightly suggestive, but she won't comment on it. When she returns to the rest of the group, all of them are waiting on her, looking impatient.

"Where's Hope?" Landon asks after noticing only Josie has come down. The question is normal, but Josie still feels a spark of jealousy. She's still mad at Hope for her behavior today, but also upset that she didn't confide to her what was bothering her. Most importantly, she's worried. Where's she going? Why did she run off like that? Did I do something wrong? A million questions were going through her head and none of them could be answered.