pit feeling

5 minutes earlier:

Hope had just walked into school when out of nowhere Landon walked up to her.  He seemed really nervous because he was playing with his hands. Hope has always admired the guy, he was always kind and sorta funny, maybe even liked him. The thing is she's been trying to figure out her own feelings for another person.

"Hey." Landon said as he cleared his throat and put his hands into his front pockets.

"Hey." She gave him a small smile. He looked like a million thoughts were running through his head. "Do you need anything?" She was now fully confused, they never really talked, but when they did it wasn't this awkward.

"I was um," He cleared his throat again and looked the other way. "Wondering if you would go out with me?" He let out a big shaky breath.

Hope was shocked that he just asked her out. She needed a way to figure out her feelings, maybe this was a good choice, find out if those feelings are just nothing. "Yeah, okay."

"Well I hope we can sta-," He paused. "Wait, you said yes?" He started smiling like an idiot. Hope just nodded and smiled. Was this a good choice? "Oh there's Josie, I got to go, I'll talk to you later."

Present:

"Uh what do you mean asked her out?" All the energy and the excitement that stuck onto her this morning was all gone. Now she was feeling upset, I mean sure she had a small crush on her, but it shouldn't feel like this.

"I asked her out like a minute ago and she said yes." He looked like a puppy that was ready to go play outside.

A lump formed in Josie's throat, she mentally cursed herself that she's not supposed to feel like this. "I'm happy for you." She gave him a fake smile. " I gotta get to class, see you later." She got out of there as quickly as she could and headed to her first class of the day.

Josie kept shifting in her seat uncomfortably every now and then. The classes seem to go by fast for Josie. First thing she's in class and the next it's at lunch time. She was walking down the hall when she ran into Lizzie.

"Lizzie, can I take the car, I kinda wanna go out for lunch today." Josie seemed impatient. Tapping her fingers on her wrist as she waited for an answer.

"I was gonna go with MG anyways so sure." She looked at MG and back "You got the keys?" Josie nodded and practically left immediately. She was walking down the halls when she almost bumped into somebody. They both jumped before they crashed.

"Josie." It was Hope. "Hey." Josie was taken back.

"Oh, Hey Hope." She cleared her throat, then she thought of an idea. "Are you busy right now?"

"I don't think so why?" Hope looked very confused, they usually don't talk out of that one class, until yesterday.

"Wanna go get lunch with me?" She holds up the car keys. "I'll drive." She smiled at Hope hoping to say yes. Hope rolled her eyes and smiled, then nodded at the brunette. "Okay, come on." Josie walked out the school with Hope trailing behind her. They finally made it to the car and got in.

As Josie got into the car she put the keys into the engine and turned it on. "Since you're my guest, and the passenger you get the aux cord." She smiled brightly at the auburn haired girl.

"You're gonna regret that." Hope teases as she grabs the aux cord. She starts playing I Can't Handle Change by Roar.

A couple seconds in and Hope has already started moving to the music. "So where are we going?" Hope finally registered that they were on the road.

"We got an hour before we gotta head back so," Josie was tapping the steering wheel with the tips of her fingers. "Mystic Grill?" It really only is the only good place in town. Luckily Hope smiled and nodded before she went back into the music.

About 10 minutes later Josie parked the car in front of the Mystic Grill, turned off the engine and faced Hope. "You ready?" Hope smirked then got out the car at the same time Josie did. As they entered they were hit with a cold air, from the AC. Outside it was warm and neither of the girls wore sweaters. A waiter took them to a booth by a window. They both sat in silence in an awkward state before the waiter came and took their drink order. Hope ordered a peanut butter blast with whipped cream at the bottom, and Josie ordered a simple strawberry milkshake.

"So?" Hope looked up to the sudden noise coming out of the brunette. "Do you have any plans for the summer?"

Hope didn't really know how to answer. "Uh, I guess you could say I'm free, I mean there isn't much to do here. Plus my family is really busy this year so I can't really go to New Orleans." The waiter came back with their drinks and asked if they're ready to order. Josie ordered an ordinary salad since she was a vegetarian. Hope ordered a burger and fries, though she felt bad about eating it in front of Josie.

"Well, the band has wanted to play some gigs around the state if you wanted to come along. My dad has this RV that we can use, to travel. I mean if you want, there's no pressure." Josie forced out a small laugh and smile.

Hope's face lit up. "Wait, actually, like real gigs in places instead of a garage."

Josie faked scoffed. "The garage isn't that bad." Hope laughs with a big smile, her piercing blue eyes gazing into Josie's soft chocolate brown eyes. "But, um yeah like we play covers of songs in clubs, or restaurants, and don't worry we have permission to get in, I think." The waiter comes back with their food and hands them to each girl.

"I'd love to come play at gigs." Hope says as she takes a small bite out of the hamburger. "If it means hanging out with you... and the band." She quickly recovered.

" So Landon told me that he asked you out." Josie swirls around the straw in her strawberry milkshake, completely ignoring the salad that was in front of her.

"Oh, right." Hope wiped her hands on a napkin and cleared her throat. "Well..."

//////
A/N I FORGOT TO UPDATE YESTERDAY SO ILL GIVE YALL FOUR CHAPTERS TODAY :D