i think of all the things, what you're doing

Hope gets abruptly woken up at 5:30 a.m. by her alarm, and she stays in bed for a few seconds, silently cursing at Lizzie for making her wake up this early. The blonde had insisted all the band members meet up at her house before 6 so they could have enough time to explore Maple Hollows. Memories of yesterday come to the front of her mind.

//////

After the two had gotten Lizzie's text the both of them groaned. "What's your sister planning?" Hope questions, wondering what the blond was scheming in her head.

"I have no idea." Josie admits. "But it could be fun. I've never been to an escape room before."

"Me neither." Hope shrugs. "I guess you're right, you deserve a break after what happened yesterday."

I told you, I'm fine." Josie puts a reassuring hand over hers. "Now can you stop worrying." Hope nods, and tries to ignore how her heart skips a beat from Josie's hand being on top of hers.

After a few minutes, Keelin comes over to take their order, and during the rest of the meal they engage in mindless chatter. It feels good, just like how it was before. As expected, Hope rushes to take out her wallet and pays for the meal before Josie can even reach down her back pocket for cash. She smugly grins at her, while a pout forms on Josie's face.

They're just about to leave the diner, when Hope remembers something. "Wait, we have to talk to my Aunt Keelin." Josie has a look of confusion on her face, before Hope continues. "It's about the band and performing gigs here."

The brunette nods in understanding, and she follows Hope into the back, seeing Keelin writing something down on her notepad, before noticing the two's presence and looking up.

She smiles at them. "Hope, Josie, was the food alright?"

Josie returns the smile. "It was delicious, we're definitely coming back sometime."

Hope secretly cheers in her mind, the brunette's response indicating that they were going to hang out again.

"Oh? Well, you're welcome here anytime." Keelin gives Hope a knowing look, before returning her eyes back to Josie. "Was there anything you needed?"

"Yeah, actually." Hope speaks up. "You said the band could perform gigs here."

Keelin nods. "Obviously you won't have to perform here everyday. But every now and then I'd like the band to put on a show. Why don't you guys come perform this Saturday, the diner's probably going to be busy."

"That would be perfect." Josie can feel her excitement growing. "Thank you so much."

"It's no problem at all." Keelin says, and Hope can't help but smile at seeing how happy Josie was.

"Shall we go now?" Hope nods towards the entrance, to which Josie agrees. Just before leaving, they wave back at Keelin, who now seems busy in a phone call, but nonetheless waves back.