...ready for it?

"Who's here?" It was Josie walking down the stairs.

"Penelope!" Josie's face brightened.

Hope twisted her body to face Josie, almost giving herself whiplash. She furrowed her eyebrows at the brunette. Josie glared at her, then turned to Penelope letting her face immediately soften.

"Penelope, come in." Josie's kind tone brings a light smile on Penelops's face. The shorter brunette steps in and lingers near Josie while Hope huffs and walks back towards Landon.

She plops herself on the couch, arms crossed in irritation. If Landon saw her mood switch, he didn't comment on it.

Hope heard the sound of the shuffling footsteps behind her heading towards the kitchen, ultimately she decides to get up and head to the kitchen as well.

With Landon following right behind her Hope sees Penelope and Josie giggling, making her nose scrunch up. Not looking where she's going, Hope almost crashed into the two but stopped herself before any impact happened.

She awkwardly stepped back and walked towards Landon's direction. Lizzie was talking to MG when she finally noticed the four next to her. She furrowed her eyebrows and stood up.

"Everyone," Kaleb and Raf were looking through the fridge when they turned around. "This is Penelope, the one from yesterday, and I invited her today."

MG, Kaleb, Raf and Landon all said their hello's. Lizzie was eyeing her suspiciously, until she finally took her eyes off her and just nodded.

Everyone turned their heads when they heard a small scoff come from a certain auburn haired girl. Hope immediately realized what she did and cleared throat quietly, then introducing herself to Penelope.

"I'm Hope." She extended her hand and gave her a brittle smile. Penelope hesitantly meets Hope's hand halfway and shakes it.

Hope looks at Josie who was staring at her with annoyance written on her face. Hope felt a shiver go down her spine as the brunette's eyes stayed put on her. Eventually, Hope returns the gaze and locks eyes with the brunette. Lizzie seemed to have noticed the tension between the two.

"I think we should go, and," She cleared her throat and signaled towards the garage. "Practice." The two girls stop staring at each other and look at Lizzie. They both murmured in agreement.

The boys hurried out to the garage first excited to start playing. Josie easily picked up a conversation with Penelope, leaving Lizzie and Hope alone in the kitchen.

Hope half smiled at Lizzie and proceeded to stand in front of her. Hope abruptly stopped and furrowed her eyebrows at the blonde.

"What's going on with you?" Lizzie puts all her weight to her right foot and crosses her arms.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Hope might have an idea of what she is talking about, but she doesn't want to say it.

Lizzie rolled her eyes. "I mean what's going on between you and my sister." She cocked her head to the side.

Hope tensed up, there's nothing going on between them.

Right?

"There's nothing going on." She managed to spit out, without stuttering. She chooses to shrug her shoulders.

Lizzie squinted at her. "Really?" She walked closer to Hope. "Because it seems-"

"Are you guys coming?" It was MG and he peeked out the door between the house and the garage. Hope sighed in relief and stepped to the side of Lizzie and walked towards the garage.