14

Firstly I want to thank Merlucastan for writing the most of this amazing chapter and the idea of the rest of this story. She's amazing and I absolutely love this co-writing // She has some stories on her own Wattpad account so check them out!

The next day was even worse. When Derek woke up he couldn't wake Mer up. She was too deep asleep. He decided to take a shower and put the kids in their baths, afterwards he went down to make them some breakfast and also prepare some for his wife so he went upstairs to go get her

"Mer, Mer, Meredith"

But she didn't react so he went through her hair with his hands and he was whispering her name. After many tries it finally worked only to see her so exhausted. Tears almost streaming down her face and so confused as if she had no idea what was happening.

"Do you wanna come down for breakfast?" He asked

"Hmm not hungry" She groaned

"Mer, you need to eat something"

"I'll try" She slowly, very slowly tried to get up but everything was spinning. It became so bad these last days that she was thinking about telling someone but she didn't want to worry her loved ones. She still hasn't told Derek that Addison wanted her on bedrest. Derek is doing everything he can to help her, the least she could do was watching the kids when he was working. Derek noticed her struggling and carried her downstairs. He walked over to the kitchen to get her breakfast as she was walking to the couch. She didn't feel hungry at all and all she wanted to do was sleep.

Derek brought her breakfast and wanted to sit next to her to make sure she eats enough but got disturbed by their oldest daughter.

"Daddy?" Zola asked

"Yeah Zozo?"

"Can you help me getting that box out of my closet please"

"Sure honey"

Derek paused outside Zola's room to make a phone call. Alex picked up on the first ring.

"Hey Shep!"

"Alex, are you busy?" He whispered, careful so his daughter wouldn't overhear.

"I'm about to head into work, but I don't have a surgery scheduled until later. What's up?"

"Can you come get the kids and bring them to daycare? Meredith is not doing well today. I'm afraid she'll try and over-do it for the kids, she needs quiet and rest."

"Of course Shep. I'll be there in 10."

Derek hung up and walked into Zola's bedroom, Bailey was playing outside and Ellis was playing next to the couch

"Mommy?" Ellis said

No response

"Mommy?" Ellis got up

"Mommy are you okay?" Ellis shaked Meredith's shoulder as she was laying down on the couch

"Yeah I'm.. I'm fine Ellie.. I just.. need some water" Meredith got up, she walked and suddenly fell to the floor and started shaking

"Mommy!! Mommy no!" Ellis screamed from the top of her lungs

Derek ran into the room to see what was happening and he saw his wife on the ground seizing. "Zola call 911" He ran over to Meredith to help

He knelt by her, and rolled her onto her side, placing a hand on her head and waist for support.

"What do I tell the ambulance daddy?" Derek glanced over at his daughter. In one arm she held a phone, in the other a crying Ellis.

"Tell them we have a 42 year old woman, post-op from a malignancy excision, now seizing!" He said frantically, trying to control his tone in front of the kids.

He focused his attention back on his wife, who had stopped shaking and gone limp in his arms.

"Mer? I've got you, you're going to be alright." He said, more to himself.

He pulled back her eyelids to see one of her pupils was blown, a sign of increased intracranial pressure.

How did he, a world renowned neurosurgeon, miss this?

He pulled his unconscious wife into his arms, slowly rocking her and running his fingers through her hair. There was nothing he could do except wait for the ambulance.

"It's okay guys." Derek said, looking at his frightened children.

"Mommy is just a little hurt, but now she's sleeping." He hated lying to his children, not telling them that she was post-ictal and something was very very wrong.

"The doctors are gonna make her better?" Ellis asked shyly.

Derek nodded, blinking the tears from his eyes. The three kids approached their mom. Bailey sat on Derek's lap, Zola held Meredith's hand, and Ellis leaned over, placing gentle kisses on her cheek.