Chapter 18: New members with an old pasts

My words rang in my mind like a bell. I didn't know how they would react to what I had said. The meal daisy was very valuable too a pack like us. We, our pack, have been looking for this flower. "What do you mean you found the meal?" "I mean I found it. I mean in my dream... But I know it's real! I can, sorta sense it." The whole pack joined as I told the tale of the dog, and the forest. "When I was 7, I ran away from my dad... He was very mean then. But as I ran, I ended up in the woods. It was very dark, but there was light." As I said that, everyone's eyes lightened. "I saw a daisy. But....." Before I finished, I had a sent. It was not from our pack. It smelt like blood. I turned into my wolf, with no one knowing what was going on. I ran out the door to see Adam and a silver wolf fighting. I lunged forward, landing on the wolf's neck, filling my mouth with blood. "Its OK! Calm down!" I heard Max say to the wolf. I could feel it squirming in my mouth until it's breathing got slower. I turned to a human just to find the white t-shirt I had been wearing. "I can't believe that I found you, just to be a stranger." He had a familiar sparkle in  his eyes. "Ryan. My name is Ryan Peterson. I thought," he coughed a couple of times,"I would tell you since i was about to die." "I won't let that happen." He smiled, as Adam  approached us. If you live, we might be able to let you join the pack." He nodded,obviously  in pain.  As me and about 5 other wolves brought the wolf inside, my mom gasped. "Ryan?" she asked in a very concerned voice. "What happened? I will try to fix him." We half dragged the heavy wolf into the room, and laid him on the bed. Auntie told all of us to leave, so I sat on the couch with Adam. He wrapped his big arm around me, and I leaned on his shoulder. "So do you know 'Ryan'?" I thought that I had seen him before, in camp maybe? "No, I can't remember." Just then I started day-dreaming.

It was a cold an wild night. It had to be the best birthday ever. "APRIL! ANOTHER GUEST IS HERE!"  I heard my mom say from below the stair. This was pretty much the only time my dad let me wear makeup, so I took full-out advantage of it. I was looking at the finishing touches of my very detailed makeup. I was so excited about the party, all my friends would be there. I grabbed my hot pink dress, with a black belt, and put it on. As i brushed my hair, my mom walks into the room."Look at my big 13 year old baby! I remember just yesterday you where only 5..." She had tears roiling down her cheek. I hugged her, and she smiled. "Oh by the way Ryan is here." Ryan is my best friend I I have a problem, he would be there to help fix it. "Oh OK! I am ready," I said eagerly. As I turned off my light, i felt my stomach get tied into knots. I turned at the stairs and everyone stopped talking and stared at me. "Ladies and gentlemen! The princess herself, April!"

My daydreaming was interrupted by a door squeaking open. As my mom stood in the doorway, I saw a shadow. I started crying with tears of joy. He started to come out of the room, but before anyone could even get a glimpse, I ran and rapped my arms around him. He grabbed me and held me close, and kissed my head. "Where have you been? I thought you...... left in the fire..........." I    could feel warm drops of water on my head. I heard Adam growl, and I started to giggle. "I....I....." I guess he had nothing to say, so I turned to the pack. "This is. Ryan Lee." "As in, Robert Lee?" I heard Max say. "Yea. I..." All of the sudden, a bunch of girls came rushing towards him, and I growled so loud, everyone went silent. "NO! We will treat him as a guest." Adam started walking to us. "Hey. I'm Adam. The alpha of this pack." "Since when have you became the 'alpha'?" "I had a meeting with the group while you were gone. As I was saying, it is very nice to meet you, Ryan." As he said his name, he had jealously in his tone. Adam gabed me and held me close, and squeezed me tightly. It felt fine at first, but as he glared at Ryan, his grip got tighter, and tighter, and it got harder and harder for me to breath. My own mate was slowly killing me, and was too drowned into his own jealously to realize it! The only person to see it was Ryan who started to panic. "STOP! YOUR GOING TO KILL HER! She can't breath!" "I think you need to back off!" As my breaths got slower, Ryan got more woried. As my vision started to get blurry, I somehow was realised, and on the ground gasping for air. I looked behind me to see Ryan had pinned Adam onto the groud. As Adam struggled to find a way to get off the ground, I pushed Ryan of, and as hard as I could I slapped Adam.

"Wow.." I thought as everyone clapped in excitement. I blushed the most,  as Ryan got caught into my sight. He looked at me in amazement and I looked away. I was so happy, because this day was the only day that I didn't have to stress about anyone or anything. There had been lots of things that bothered me, but today, for one day I didn't have to think about any of it.  I walked down my stairs as everyone watched me, waiting for me to say something, or for something to happen. "Well? Is everyone just gonna stand here, or are we gonna PARTY?!" Everyone started screaming as the d.j. played music. I got to the end of the stairs as something covered my eyes. "Hey Ryan!" I shouted. "I need to show you something, before its too late. Come on!" He led me out the door as my mom nodded. He led me down the street, into the forest by our houses. "Where...." I could'nt finish as Ryan stopped suddenly. "What is going on?" I was getting butterflies in my stomach because I had never been this far into the forest. He took off his shirt, and I covered my eyes. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I scream. "Hey, my mom told me not to rip any more of my shirts." I took my eyes away from my eyes, looking at him in both horror and confusion. He started shaking, like shivering, and I backed away. He started transforming, and I looked in terror. HE WAS A WOLF! A werewolf? I jumped and ran. I didn't ever want to see him again, so the next day at school, I got expelled, forcing us to move.