chapter 4

Alessandro

 I sat with my seven closest friends as I’ve known them since my childhood. They were kids of my father’s pals. Four of them being friends, and two of them as my cousins while Stefano, was my junior brother.

‘’Why did you ask about the girl?’’, one of my cousins, Giovanni asked me. His long hair swept back, he hated packing it. ‘’I don’t know, she just stood out from the crowd with her outfit, and besides you bought her, I wonder why’’ I said, eyeing him suspiciously, as I took a drag from my cigarette.

‘’Is that why you want her to work here, in pulack?’’ Stefano asked me, “don’t tell me you’ve taken a liking to her, you know better than to mix work with pleasure’’ he continued.

Stefano was known to be the tougher guy, he always had a plain face, as you can never see him smiling. It was a good thing having him around me because he was always there to remind me that I was the leader of this mafia, more like nag me though, and that I should not be messing around with girls.

‘’What do you mean by pleasure?’’, I asked him, but he looked away instead of replying me. ‘’There is nothing wrong if the boss wants to play around with these girls, after all, they all belong to him’’ Luigi, a friend, said.

I was about to speak when the door opened welcoming the girls, we call the pul girls as they worked in pulack and they were just supposed to be service girls, and that included any type of services, including sex.

The ladies walked in, consisting of ten of them including Rosaline. They stayed at the corner of the bar and started bringing out some alcohols. They walked towards were we sat, swaying their hips, and started refilling our drinks. I could see how Rosaline looked uncomfortable, I looked down to see Flavio’s hands on them.

‘’Flavio’’, I called out, and he looked at me as he removed is hands from her body, ‘’yes cousin’’ he said, giving me a sly smirk, ‘’what is the report from the guys at the frontline?’’, I asked him, ‘’ that’s not my job, I’m also here to hear the report from Marco’’ he replied, looking at Marco, one of my friends, with a low cut on, as a lady pour him a drink.

‘’The latest is that another mafia family has been visiting a warehouse recently and one of our men sneaked in and found three other men of ours tied up and from their conversation, they were partly working for that mafia group, giving out our information too’’ Marco said.

‘’Now five men and three women has ratted us out, and we still think we are safe?’’ I asked, trying to be calm. Lately our men have been doing the unthinkable, going to our enemies to rat us out, I didn’t know who to trust anymore.

‘’Well, to think only them have inside people, I also have received information from their men’’ Stefano said, ‘’what do you mean?’’ Marco asked him. ‘’A week ago I caught two of their men and put then in one of the torture rooms, I tried different means to collect information from them, not until yesterday night’’ Stefano said

‘’What happened?’’ Flavio asked as he set his glass of alcohol on the table, by now the ladies had returned to their duty post.

Stefano looked at him, before turning his gaze towards me, ‘’According to them, their boss had already planted girls, and they had recently joined us’’, ‘’so girls only?’’ Angelo asked this time, he had a huge scar on his face, cutting from his eyebrow to his cheek and Stefano nodded.

‘’Gather all the girls that had recently joined us” I spoke, ‘’but how will you know them?’’ Flavio asked, ‘’we killed three people who happened to be spies, and you know what I noticed at the back in their necks?’’ I asked, looking at each of the men, ‘’They had the letter L tattooed on their necks’’ I continued

‘’You are smart’’ Giovanni spoke, nodding his head. It did not take up t five minutes for them to gather.

Myself and the seven men walked to the hall where they were gathered, and took our seats. Counting the girls, they were twenty  two in number. I stood up start checking each necks but Stefano beat me to it, ‘’I’ll do it’’ he said and walked towards where the girls stood.

After a while, he was done with checking and seven girls were out. I looked at Angelo, and he brought out a pistol from his inner pocket and pointed at the girls. By this time, they had started begging, but it won’t be the first time, they always beg after they’ve been caught.

I stood up from my seat and walked out of the hall. Immediately the door closed, I heard seven gunshots go off and I smiled, ‘’call Rosaline to my bedroom’’, I told one of my men and walked away.