chapter 3-first meeting

Rosaline

My eyes fluttered open as I became aware of my surrounding, I was in a room with four different beds including mine. I stood up from the bed I laid on, and walked towards the bathroom since I heard the shower running and opened the door.

A girl came out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself, she looked back and noticed me, before walking past me into the room. Looking at her face, she looked Korean. ‘’Hi’’ she said to me, as she dressed up, ‘’what’s your name?’’ she asked me, ‘’I’m Rosaline’’ I tell her, ‘’Roseline’’ she said. ‘’Rosaline’’ I said, laying emphasis on the ‘A’, ‘’Oh, Rosaline’’ she said and I just nodded. ‘’I’m Min-A, Lee Min-A’’, ‘’okay’’ I responded.

‘’We need to leave in ten minutes’’ Min-A said, ‘’leave to where?’’ I asked, curious, ‘’ Don Alessandro asked us to gather’’ she said, ‘’ oh, but who is Don Alessandro?’’ I asked, and she looked at me skeptically, ‘’ you don’t know Don Alessandro?, then how did you get here?’’ Min-A asked me, ‘’last I remember was someone buying me’’ I replied her, ‘’ that’s new, the Don handpicks everyone that comes here’’, she said, ‘’ so how did you get here?’’ I asked her

‘’It’s been three years now, I ran away from my owners on a cold night because I was always abused, sexually and physically’’, she paused, ‘’when I almost got raped, nothing new’’, she shrugged, ‘’by some gang, but thanks to Don Alessandro, he saved me from their hands, I explained my story to him, he paid my owners a huge amount of money, and now I work for him’’.

‘’What do you do?’’ I asked, ‘’Nothing’’ she shrugged, ‘’just serve men in the huge club, give my body out willingly, and keep the secrets I hear or see, it might sound simple, but trust me, it did not end well for some people’’ she said as we walked out of the room, ‘’ you will meet the other girls later’’ she said, opening a big door that led to a hall.

We walked in, as some other girls were also present there, they all had on different outfit but the short length of their skirts were same. I saw some of the ladies giving the few men present, some sexy glances.

As we walked further into the hall, I could see some chairs set up, and a very tall chair adorned in more gold than the others sat at the center.  After a while, a large twin door opened, and seven men in black suit walked in. They looked sophisticated, they all had jewelries on and I could see tattoos on their hands. They walked towards the chairs and took their seats.

The gold adorned chair was still empty and the girls were already forming different lines, as a black carpet sprawled on the floor from the door opening to were the  chair sat. I was at the frontline, close to were the men sat. the door opened again and a man in white outfit walked in with some bodyguards. We all had to bow our heads, as he walked towards the chair that was made for him.

Once he sat down, I had a good view of him. His hair was swept to the back as a single strand fell on his forehead, he had no scar on his face. With no moustache or beards, I could see his jawline, he had a perfectly arch eyebrow. He wore a round silver glasses that even made him look more beautiful, with is long earrings swaying as he talked to the man that stood beside him.

He placed his hand, that held a Regius double corona cigar on the arm of his chair. A cigar my aunt could never afford anytime she bought them. He took a drag from the cigarette and I noticed his lips, they were not pink, but it was not black either.

‘’Bring them in’’, the man he had just finished talking to spoke out and the door I had come in from opened, as a woman and two men were dragged out. Blood was already sipping out, from the woman’s head and she almost looked lifeless. ‘’you broke omerta’’ the man continued, as he looked at them, ‘’and you know the consequences’’, the woman nodded. I looked to were the men sat and they all looked uninterested, when I heard aloud bang in the room, I shot my eyes back to the scene, where I saw the woman’s body on the floor, dead.

I almost screamed out loud, but I knew better with the surrounding I was in. ‘’Don Alessandro’’, one of the men called out, and the fine man in white suit stood up and walked towards were the men knelt, taking each step elegantly. He stopped in front of them and squatted. I could see his mouth move from where I stood, but I could not hear what he was saying.

He said something to the other man holding the gun, then looked back at the other men before walking away. The seven men stood up and walked out of the hall too, and immediately the door closed behind them, two gunshots went off the room and a little scream escaped my lips.

                                              **************

By the time I got to my room, there was an outfit on my bed with a note on it, ‘’wear this to PULACK’’ I read out loud and the other girls gasped, ‘’what is it? What is pulack?’’ I asked them, curiously ‘’that is the place where the seven men and Don Alessandro meet. No other person is allowed there except for the pul girls who serve there’’ Min-A replied, ‘’so what, I’m a pul girl?’’ I asked, and the girls nodded

‘’You better hurry, Don Alessandro hates lateness’’ Mabel, one of the girls said. I immediately wore the tight outfit and hurried towards the place. I had no idea what I was doing, or what was going on, but one thing I knew was I did not want to die’