chapter 2- Bought

I walked toward a dark place with one of the ladies and two men dressed as security men. After standing for a while, a door opened and I was asked to go in. Scared of entering the dark place, the lady decided to walk me in, we walked for a minute when we met a man and woman and she handed me over to them.

As we kept walking deeper into the building, I could hear a woman’s voice, ‘’Eighty thousand dollars’’, I heard her say, ‘’going, going, gone’’, I heard her clearly as we approached were the woman was. ‘’It’s your turn’’ the man said, ‘’for what?’’ I asked, ‘’to be sold’’ the woman replied me. ‘’What?’’ I asked, my eyes wide open, ‘’cagna, just pray you end up with someone less worse’’ the man said this time around, ‘’but my name is not cagna’’ I told him, clearly confused, ‘’ just go’’ they both shouted at me as I scurried away to where the sound of the woman came from.

I was almost blinded by the lights as I walked on the stage, the spotlight on me, while the congregations side was a little bit dark, but you could see some of the people.

‘’Starting, bid ten thousand dollars’’ the woman said, into the microphone, and almost immediately, people started voicing out, ‘’fifteen thousand’’ someone in the crowd said, and the woman with a pixie haircut repeated. ‘’Seventy thousand five hundred thousand dollar, going, go…’’, ‘’two hundred thousand dollars’’ a man’s voice rang across the hall and I could see the woman’s eyes almost pop out of the socket as her eyes landed on the man. I heard her clear her throat before continuing, ‘’two hundred thousand going’’ no one said anything. ‘’Gone, for two hundred thousand dollars’’. She spoke into her microphone and she told me to leave.

At the back stage, I could see almost everyone moving helter scatter, as soon as I entered, they stopped and looked at me. ‘’Sie muss gehen’’, a man shouted, ‘’You need to leave now’’, a woman said like she had just repeated what the man said. She led me towards a black fine car that I had only seen in movies, I got into it and met with another long hair man, just that this particular one did not do his hair into an up do and he had a perfect skin.

I sat down not to comfortably, and after a few minutes, the door opened and another man entered with a briefcase. Opening the case, he brought out an injection, ‘’not again’’ I whispered almost crying, but this time around, I just stretched out my hands for him and closed my eyes, but instead, I felt the pain in right leg. I opened my eyes wide and screamed as I saw the needle come out from my legs.

The man left like nothing happened and the long hair man just kept on pressing his phone, it was as if he was used to screams. I felt my eyelid close as I yawned loudly, I heard the sound of the vehicle starting before I slept off.