chapter 1- taken

ROSALINE

‘’Rosaline’’ My aunt shouted my name and I ran out to the sitting room where I met different unfamiliar faces and my uncles’, ‘’Is this her?’’ one of the unfamiliar faces asked, ‘’yes’’ my uncle replied, trembling.

Why was he scared? I thought to myself and who were these people?. ‘’Rosaline’’, the unfamiliar face repeated my name as he came closer, holding my chin up tightly to look at him, but the only thing I dared to look at was his long hair in a tight bun because I could not look at his face. Whatever it was that made my uncle tremble like that, I did not want to know.

‘’Look at me’’ he commanded in the deepest voice I had ever heard and I found my eyes pulling to his face as my heartbeat kept on increasing, with his hands still cupping my chin, he nodded.

Turning his back at me, he faced the others, ‘’la prenderemo noi’’, I heard him say then nodded to my uncle. ‘’How old?’’, he asked, ‘’Twen…’’, ‘’Grab her’’ he commanded, cutting me off, as I felt pairs of hands grab me. I did not have any idea what was going on and the only thing I could do was beg, ‘’please, please, don’t do this to me’’ I said, feeling the tears leave my eyes, down to my cheeks.

Even though my life has not been too good, I still did not want to die. My vision was blurry with tears, but I could see someone coming closer to me. Blinking the tears, I saw the person with an injection and I started wriggling in their grip, as more people held me down. They held me down, as the man injected the substance through my arm into my body.

Whatever the substance was I had no idea, all I know was that it made me very weak and sleepy, I could feel my lips moving, I was probably still begging them, I don’t know what the substance contained, but it was really messing with my head too. Last thing I remember was being carried before I let the darkness embrace me.

By the time I woke up, I was in some kind of cell, I could hear some voices, ‘’dov’e la stanza?’’, a male’s voice roared then I heard the door of the room I was in open to a man.

‘’It’s time for you’’ he said as two ladies dragged me out of the small room. We kept on walking until we reached a makeup room. I sat down as I was asked to after freshening up. The ladies did my face and hair, by the time they were done, a purple gown was set on the table behind me, and I was asked to wear it.

I was still waiting for the two ladies to leave the room so  that I could change in private, but the look they gave me told me they weren’t leaving. I turned my back towards them to change into the outfit when a man’s voice echoed in the room, ‘’ou est-elle’’, with my back still turned to him, he came to my front and I noticed his blue eyes, ‘’hurry up’’ he said, widening his eyes, ‘’we don’t have the whole day’’ he continued, as he walked out of the room.

After the door closed behind me, I realized I was still naked. I hurriedly wore the gown and picked a pair of shoe.