12

The following day, Kevin invited me to hang out somewhere and I agreed, ready to do whatever it takes to be Kevin's friend and not let him kill Sunwoo.

By the time I had woken up, it was already 10 am, and the meeting time was 11 so I had to get ready pretty fast.

Grabbing some clothes ( a beige and off-white v necked, checkered sweater with a turtleneck under it and light wash jeans ) I stepped out of my door and knocked on his.

"Ashlyn! You're already here." He answered cheerily when he opened the door.

His hair was messy and he wasn't wearing anything fancy so I was sure he had just gotten out of bed.

"Indeed." I teased, "Are you going to get changed?"

Realising he was still in his jammies, he gasped and let me in, leading me to his dining table.

"Here, I was eating breakfast when you rung the doorbell and I made two eggs. Finish the other one while I get ready?"

"If I finish it before you're done, you buy me a sweater." I offered.

After thinking about it for a few seconds, he agreed and said, "It's a bet." Before speeding off into his bedroom.

Wasting no time, I began to cut the egg and toast underneath it violently, trying to savour the mere seconds I could.

Knowing that Kevin was a wise spender, I took this chance to get myself a sweater.

As I ate, I thought of my recent sweater obsession, something that could not be helped.

Chuckling at my own stupidity, I looked at my plate.

ohmygosh, just three bites left.

I finished chewing the remainder of what was in my mouth before going to grab another bite.

But as I was starting to eat, I heard a triumphant, "AHA."

Oh no

I lost the bet.

I turned around to see a proud Kevin smirking at me.

"Yes, so cool you won. Can we just go now?" I deadpanned.

"Aww, is our Ashlyn a sore loser?" He joked.

"I'll kill you."

"Hey hey, no need to get aggressive. I'll buy you ice cream, I promise." He reasoned, ruffling my hair.

"Fine."

After this incident, Kevin dragged me to his car and started driving somewhere. He still hadn't told me where he was going so I had no idea.

By the time we had reached our destination, I still had no idea why we were there and nothing promised to me but ice cream.

"Ok, we're here. Mind telling me what you have planned now?" I asked, for the last time.

We had arrived in Myeongdong, a famous shopping street in Seoul.

"Ok fine. So basically, we're going to browse around and look at some stores, have a meal, then go get ice cream." He said proudly, "Sounds good?"

"Sounds fantastic." I replied.

I then grabbed his hand and started our adventure.

After browsing around for a while, Kevin brought me to a store that he, for some reason, insisted that we visited.

Browsing through the items, he finally found what he was looking for.

A sweater?