4

Ashlyn POV

"Where were you huh?" my father demanded as soon as I entered the house.

Last time I had just ignored him and walked straight into my room so I can do that again, right?

Wrong

As I tried to run up the stairs, my father grabbed me and shoved me against the wall, my back hitting it harshly.

Jesus

Fear filled my eyes as I looked up and saw my dad's face. Despite the fact it's been years, I was still so scared of him.

Sunwoo was not by my side like he promised. How was I supposed to be brave without Sunwoo?

"You have to face it." Sunwoo said, holding onto me.

I glared at him, upset he had brought me to this house knowing I wanted nothing to do with it.

"No I don't." I shot, pushing his arms off.

A hurt look flashed across his face and I felt guilt for a second before shaking it off.

"Look, if you don't go there right now, you're going to regret it. You need to show your father that you are doing fine, that you are strong. You have to show him the person you've become because in my eyes, you are a bold and confident woman."

I closed my eyes, heart aching for Sunwoo. It amazes me how much I actually needed him.

But Sunwoo told me I was strong. He told me I'm a bold and confident woman.

I remember it clearly.

I needed to face this man. By myself.

"Don't touch me." I said, voice as cold as ice.

A look of fear and shock crossed my fathers face before he angrily glared at me.

Talking back huh? You're asking to be hit now." He answered, grip on my shoulder becoming tighter.

I glared right back at him.

"I said don't touch me." With that, I shoved my father off of me.

Stumbling, he fell back and looked at me, face full of surprise and wonder.

Without another word, I ran up the stairs and into my old room, locking the door shut when I entered.

My father recovered from his shock after a few second and ran up the stairs, hitting my room door with a loud bang.

I flinched but didn't open it.

I was leaving this house in a few days so it would be fine.

Right now, I had a plan to make.