chapter 45

Its the week of my wedding, monday to be precise. I'm flying to Joburg this evening. Phenyo isnt happy with the fact that I'm leaving even though he'll get to see me on saturday. He's been very clingy lately, not that I'm complaining though, I'm enjoying the attention.

I'm at work, starring outside, its raining and i cannot help but worry about the weather in joburg for this saturday. I had to get a completely new dress, a princess design since my sister as well as phenyo's mother think that it wouldn't be a good idea for me to wear something that hugs my body as certain people can tell if someone is pregnant even without seeing the baby bump, and apparently its not good for anyone to know how far long i am.

I dont like this new dress, it took a lot of convincing from my huaband and the designer for me to finally agree to it. There's a knock and i already know its either my PA, Amanda or Mr CEO himself. Nhlaka and i have grown really close for the past couple of months, i can safely say that him and i are friends now. Although he knows nothing about what goes on in my life, not that I'm hiding anything from him, but I'm one person who just never discusses her personal life with anyone besides my older sisters.

He walks in, "lunch?" He asks while waving food paper bags that he has in his hands. I smile,i must have been so lost in my thoughts i didnt even notice it was lunchtime already. "What are we having?" He bought us prawn pasta. "There you go" he hands me a container,as soon as i open the container, the bad smell of cheese hits my nostrils, lately i somehow hate dairy products which is odd because cheese was once my favourite.

I quickly close the container without alarming him. "Are you okay?" Oh shoot, he noticed that. "Yes I just remembered i have some work to finish up, I'll have this later" i lie. He gives me an inquisitive look. "Well I'll sit here and watch you work while i eat" he opens his food, the smell just put me off so i rush out to the nearest rest room. I threw up then rinsed my mouth. This is honestly going to be the worst 9 months of my life!

I contemplate working back into my office because I'll have to answer Nhlaka as to what actually went wrong. I fix myself then walk in, he's sitting on his chair unphased at all. I sit and get busy with my paperwork.

5 minutes into the comfortable silences he speaks "so how far long are you?" I cannot even conceal my shock, "what?" I ask, "you heard me" he looks angry, upset, but he's trying so hard to hide it. "2 months" i lie. He nodds, packs his food, stands and walks out.

I throw the food out. Worked for another 2 hours before knocking off. When i got home my husband was not around so i freshened up, wore my Adidas black tracksuits with my white airfoce. I decide to cook for my husband. While I'm still busy cooking Phenyo finally arrives, i rush to him and immediately wrapped my arms around him, he chuckles then kisses my forehead,"sthandwa sam, it smells great in here" i smile then turn back to my cooking.

Its 17h45 and my flight leaves at 6, my husband is driving me to the airport while playing "our" song. Isgcinci by mduduzi ft big zulu. We start singing along to it, i hope he added it to our wedding playlist since he is the one in charge of it. We finally arrive. "I've gotten so used to waking up next to you, i dont know if I'll be able to survive this week on my own" thats my clingy husband sulking, i smile "it's just 4 days babe, 4 days then I'll be right next to you forever" i say , he pulls me into his arms "forever huh?" I blush while nodding my head before he smashes his lips onto mine.