chapter 6

I turn back, not because i am unaware of who is standing right behind me, but i turn back to confirm if he is actually talking to me and yep, he's talking to me...

All my life I've allowed people to look down on me and always hid behind my older sisters, but today, today it's time i stood up for myself.

"Mr Mazibuko, i do not appreciate the way you addressed me" i say this with a firm look, one thing i have learned from my dad is to always keep this professional and to never allow emotions to get the better of me.

"Oh cut the crap Miss, I heard how my dad has been going on about how exceptional your results are and how you'll be a great asset, listen here girl, you are not going to sleep your way to the top" I'm hurt at the fact that he thinks so low of me, how could someone who doesnt even know me, someone who has only met me today dispise me so much, I'm truly heartbroken but i wont show it.

"Sounds to me like you feel threatened Mr Mazibuko JUNIOR?" i say this with so much emphasis on "Junior" as a way to somehow remind him of his position in this firm.

"I am still your boss..." before he even goes further i jump in "i was hired by Mr Mazibuko Snr, i just report to you and right now all i see is a daddy's puppet who feels threatened by a young independent woman who actually worked her way to were she is"

He was about to say something but again,i jump in "Listen here Mr Mazibuko, unlike you, some of us had to actually go to school for this, now had you worked for all that you have, you'd understand that i am not about to let you take that away from me just because you feel threatened, now if you would kindly excuse me, I need to settle in and get started on the job i studied for"

With that said i dont even wait for his response,i turn my chair back to facing my desk and i continue arranging my things on my desk, i hear footsteps meaning he walked away after a few seconds of standing behind me.

I dont want to lie, i am deeply touched by what had just happened, i dont think i will survive this new life all on my own, at least if my sisters were in the same province I'd drive home and cry my eyes out in their arms, but here, i dont even have a friend to at least confide in.

Its 16h00, knock off time, i was caught up in my thoughts all along not even noticing that i am the only one left on this floor, i pack my bag and head to the lift. I get to the ground floor and find Paballo still at her desk, i wave at her and she returns it with a warm smile.

The drive to my apartment was short, i get in, head straight for the shower, i cry my eyeballs out, i cant do this, I'm not happy, I'm lonely, I just seem to always attract heartache and pain, i mean i have just started this new job ,it was my first day yet i already feel like i dont want to go back there.

This has been my life eversince back in school, i used to get bullied a lot, especially high school, every place where i would set foot, kids my age would make fun of my weight, maybe that's the real issue, maybe I'm just too fat which makes me uglier and thats why people hate me.

I make a decision to start a weightloss journey, considering that I work monday to friday i wont have time for gym so i decide I'll opt for a healthy diet and i will check for protien shakes or pills, whatever that will speed up the process.

After my shower I call my older sister, Thengi, i am closest to her since Zinzi got married sooner and left Thengi and i at home we spent most of our time together shes more like a mother to me. I told her everything that happened today and as always she suggested that we pray then she encouraged me not to give up. I told her about my weight loss decision which she is completely against but i am doing it regardless.

After my call with my sister, i go through my socials and i come across a picture, a picture that stabbed my heart, Mulalo with a beautiful, light skinned and petite lady, with the caption "til death". I am shuttered, i guess i was never his type to begin with, it hurts more that i dont even have any more tears left in me, i just stare at the picture until my heart hurts a little less than the first time i laid eyes on that picture.

Today went worse than i had anticipated, but i am hopeful... I pray then decide to sleep without eating,i dont have an appetite anyway.