chapter 2

Since my graduation ceremony was on friday, i spent the whole weekend packing for cape town. My dad has been so helpful(financially of cause), he wanted to pay for my accomodation as well, however, the company i am working for(Mazibuko and sons) is sorting out accomodation for all of us who are part of their graduate programme.

Today is sunday, i am enjoying these last moments with my sisters before my departure which is tomorrow morning, i am taking the first flight out so that i can get to settle in since our first day at work is on wednesday.

"So mntase, looking forward to the new city?" Thats my older sister Zinzi, handing me my glass of orange juice before she sits down on the couch opposite me.

"Haii i doubt she'll even survive the first night on her own, uZinhle useyi ngane(Zinhle is still a child)" thats Thengi for you, my older sister who has always been like a mother to us, i doubt that I'll ever grow up in her eyes I'll always be a baby.

"Kahle sisi, I've lived at res for 3 years on my own, this is no different to living at res" i take a sip of my delicious orange juice, i swear coffee and orange juice are top tier drinks, these 2 are my go-to for any day.

"Except the only difference now is that you are no longer a taxi away from home" Zinzi can be such a pain, she always enjoys rubbing things in.

Anyway the rest of the day was amazing, we spent time reminiscing about uMa, spent time playing games with mt nieces and nephews and also shared some of our childhood stories.

I am surely going to miss home, I'll miss spending time with my sisters and most importantly the kids, i am very fond of kids.growing up, my family would joke about the fact that i should be a preschool teacher because of how i am so good with kids and how fond of me they are.

Well,my dad hasnt called to check up on me, which isnt new at all, we dont really get along that much because his wife dislikes me so he is somehow caught up in between.

I havent spoken to Mpumi and Phelo since the graduation ceremony, my friends are both doing their BCTA full time at UJ while I'll be doing mine via distance learning.

Monday morning, i am up at 4am, i take a shower and pick an outfit. Well its towards the end of march and you know this can only mean that the weather conditions are moving from warm to a bit chilly so i opt for a navy blue skinny jean, a long sleeve orange crop top, black airforce and a navy blue denim jacket. I tie my hair into a half puffy bun and obviously i am going to lay those edges hunnny!!!

I look cute for someone who will be sitting in a flight for about 2 hours and then head straight to my apartment to just lock myself up. I am that boring ey!

I would drive myself to the airport although dad said he'll have my car delivered to me in cape town but he didnt tell me when it'll arrive, along with some of my other things. So I've asked my churchmate who has become like a brother to me to drive me to the airport using my car. Bongani(the churchmate) is already outside waiting for me, such a gentleman he is.

I bid farewell to my sisters, its a bittersweet moment, i have never in my whole life lived a province away from my sisters, heck I've never even left Johannesburg all on my own,but this is it,i am finally going to start my own life, live my own dream away from the life i knew to be home.

I am excited but sad that i am leaving without seeing my friends or even seeing... Mulalo, yes he broke my heart, but i just can't help it, i care about him and part of me still hopes that him and i will work out someday.

The drive to the airport was shorter than i had anticipated, bongani is such a chatterbox, we spoke the whole way. We finally at the airport, this is it!