chapter 19

The meeting went well although Maqawe is appealing the decision of being removed at the CFO so instead of fighting him i decided against taking up the position of acting CFO.

The board considers the route that Nhlaka suggested so i guess i owe him some appreciation for his help. I make a mental note to call him as soon as i get home. The rest of the day i am doing my work as usual when Phenyo comes and stands by my desk without saying anything, when i look up i am met by his eyes, weird....

"Mr P, Hey" i smile warmly, well thats me trying to break the awkwardness. "Zinhle please, call me Phenyo, i was wondering, since its almost lunchtime , would you like to eat with me? I mean i brought more than enough?" Shame he looks so shy right now and he's trying so hard to hide it. I find that really cute. I mean lunch with my boss doesn't sound like such a bad idea right?.

"Sure i dont mind" i smile back, "great, see you at lunchtime, my office" he winks and me before walking off. As he walks off i take the time to actually admire his physical features, I've never really got to look at him in that way, he's still my boss but i mean we all need a bit of eye candy every now and then.

Phenyo is clean, dark skinned, like 12am dark, with thick pink lips, your typical fuckboy fade haircut with dreadlocks, a gold tooth and he's also well built, you can tell that he is a regular at the gym, he's insanely tall though. He dresses well but honestly even if i was ready for dating i wouldnt consider him, he's way above my league, he's also way older.

Anyway its lunchtime already, i pack my bag and head to Phenyo's office, i find him there with his PA, "alright Gale, thats all for now we'll continue after lunch" he addresses his PA while looking at me as i walk in, i feel rather uncomfortable. His PA gives me a nasty look before walking out, i wonder what that was about...

"Hey, grab a seat, i hope you'll enjoy this, i prepared it" he looks pleased with himself as he opens the 2 lunchboxes in front of him. It has hake fish, yellow rice, green salad and caslaw, it looks very appetising. "It looks appetizing, I'm impressed" he smiles at my comment, "may i bless the food for us?" Wow, a man that prays, okayyyy!

He prays then we indulge, it's not bad for a guy, the hake could do with a bit of lemon juice, its a bit on the dry side, the rice is a bit undercooked. But overall it tastes great. "So what would you have done with the second lunchbox had i declined this?" He chuckles a bit and swallows first before responding, "i didnt think of that as a possibility, i guess i would've eaten both the lunchboxes". I truly enjoyed my lunch break,Phenyo is a chilled guy, he cracks jokes here and there and i appreciate that for that duration we didnt get to discuss work.

As i bid him farewell since lunch is over, when i am about to walk out,Maqawe walks in "well this looks cosy" he says evil eyeing me, i honestly wonder what on earth i ever did to this guy. "Qawe whats your problem?" Phenyo asks looked rather annoyed. "I didnt mean to disturb your little...date, i just came to drop this off" then he walks out

"Please dont mind him, he just feel intimidated by you" i smile at him then walk back to my desk.

The rest of the day goes on just fine, knock off time already and I'm so excited to get to spend time with Tasha and Jess.

As soon as i got home i took a shower, changed into leggings and a crop top hoodie, it might be spring but its raining and a bit windy today. I get started on unbraiding my hair. Tasha and Jess finally arrive while I'm still busy unbraiding so Tasha offers to help.

"Sooo,you and Justin?" I ask, she's glowing, her face beams when i mention Justin's name, my girl is in love! "Chomie he makes me so happy, i cannot even describe the feeling, i never thought I'd ever love again" one thing about Tasha, she's a very emotional person but she tries so hard to hide it, right now her eyes glitter with tears, its tears of joy for a change,i am happy.

"I'm so happy for you sis, i wish you guys nothing but happiness, you deserve it" i get up and give her a tight hug and now the water works! We are both in tears, Jess isnt even paying attention to us, she's enjoying her cheese curls.

"Chomie he accepts my daughter, he loves her like his own, when he talks about Jess you'd think he's talking about his own child" my friend has met her soulmate, see i might not believe in love and happy endings for myself but I get excited when someone close to my heart experiences it. I mean we cannot all have soulmates right? Some of us are meant to die alone i guess.

"Wena chomie, when are you going to get back on the dating scene again? I mean you are beautiful and smart, you deserve happiness too" i chuckle as i am about to respond to her madness we hear a knock, well its probably the building maintenance people because i am not expecting anyone.

I get up from the carpet, since Jess was unbraiding me, theres still quite a long way to go with these braids. As soon as i open the door, a familiar manly scent hits my nostrils, Nhlaka stands outside my door, wearing grey sweat shorts, a white vest, white socks and push in, he looks wet and its raining outside so i step aside and allow him in.

I lead him to the sitting room, Tasha knows about him but they've never met. "Hey, I'm tasha, Zee's friend, you must be Nhlaka, I've heard so much about you" oh my word! Tasha can be such a loud mouth sometimes, i mean why would she say that!

Nhlaka looks at me with a smirk on his face before responding to Tasha "its great to finally meet the mother of this cute little princess" he says trying to take Jess from Tasha's hands but Jess refuses,we all laugh.

"Well we were just leaving, goodnight chomie" is she really going to do this to me? I mean I'm a mess, my hair is half baids and half afro, I'm not wearing a bra,my socks are not even matching, Tasha will pay for this!

Nhlaka gets comfortable "so would you like anything to drink?" I ask trying to fix my hoodie and my hair, he laughs lightly "coffee please, I'm freezing" i prepare 2 cups of strong coffee, serve it to him then go to the bathroom downstairs to get him a towel, "thank you" thats all he says then we both sit in silence while sipping on our coffee, watching Sofia the first, since Jess was the one watching TV.