chapter 39

Its been 2 days since my interview, it went quite well but I'm nervous, my husband has been around since the week started but this weekend he needs to fly back to durban to catch up on work. I honestly hate this set up where i only get to see my husband occassionally.

The auditing firm that i applied at informed me that i should expect communication within 5 working days regarding the feedback of my interview. I'm at work, Phelo has been sending me decor ideas for my wedding. I'm stuck between choosing rose gold and white or peach,grey and white. My husband does not even want to give an input on the preparations.

As i am scrolling through my laptop screen looking through decor ideas, my personal phone rings "Zinhle Hello" it's a landline number "Goodday Ms Mnisi, you're speaking to Jodine, the HR manager of JC auditors, we are pleased to inform you that your interview was successful and we would like to invite you to review the contract on monday" excited is an understatement, I'm beyond happy to hear this. We further discuss the time and venue for monday and we end the call.

I message my husband right away, he's probably busy with work and so I'll tell him all about it when i get home. After work, i drive to the mall to buy something for dinner, it's friday and i honestly do not feel like cooking. I decided to buy woolworths full chicken and green salad.

When i got home i found my husband all dressed up in one of his navy blue slimfitted italian double breasted suit and brown shoes,he has a fresh haircut and he smells great "mwelase, you look great,whats the occassion?" I ask, planting a kiss on his cheek, he chuckles at the fact that i tiptoe whenever i try to kiss him, that's how short i am.

"Well i figured that my beautiful wife would be too tired to cook, i mean its been a hectic week for you so i booked us a table at your favourite seafood restaurant" I'm speechless, Phenyo constantly proves to me that i wasn't actually asking for too much, that there was always someone out there who would be willing to go all out for me. He notices that I'm getting a bit emotional "hey, come here" he pulls me into his arms, my safe haven, my home.

I go upstairs to freshen up. I opt to wear a black tight fitting long sleeve dress, with nude pencil heels and i tie my hair into a low bun, i apply nude lipstick and I finish the look with a black clutch bag. As i walk down the stairs,my husband is standing there looking at me with so much admiration, the love is so visible in his eyes, I'm truly blessed.

"Shall we?" He smiles taking my hand into his "we shall" i smile at him then we walk out while he tells me how beautiful i look. We are driving in my car which he utterly hates,he says it's a small car and mercedes benz was merely just trying to accommodate rich kids by making a sports car which went wrong. He's driving, he connects his phone to the radio. The first song that plays is mamela by Micasa, one of my current favourites.

We both starts singing along to it, i snap a few videos and pictures of us, I'm truly happy. I swear I'm married to my best friend. I cannot believe i get to be so carefree and happy without the fear of coming across as too much to someone.

We get to foreways and he parks, walks out then opens the door for me.that has become a norm, no matter how upset he is, he never stops doing it. We walk hand in hand. "Umuhle sthandwa sam(you're beautiful my love)" he's so random, "thank you mwelase wam" we get in and we are led to our table. We order then our drinks are brought, i ordered orange juice and I'm surprised that he also ordered appletiser.

"I bought you something" he hands me a small black box "i hope you'll love it" i smile at him, i open the box and there's a beautiful diamond necklace " it's so beautiful, thank you so much Phenyo" he smiles "haii maMvuleni dont even think about crying now no" i laugh lightly, he knows me too well, I'm such a cryer.

"So how's it going with the wedding preparations?" I smile, I'm genuinely happy that he is showing interest "well so far I'm stick conflicted with the theme colour of the day, Phelo sent through a few ideas but i cannot seem to decide" our food comes and we start digging in "then use all those colours if you cannot choose" why on earth did i even expect this guy to give me some constractive advice when it comes to the wedding planning.

I just laugh it off and we talk about random things like where I'd love to travel to, and i finally got to tell him that i got the job at JC. He's so happy for me. The evening went great, i truly enjoyed myself. We are now driving back home and I'm honestly exhausted but i enjoyed myself