chapter 26

Saturday morning,I'm on a video call with Tasha she's helping me pick an outfit for the wedding, Phenyo said he'll be wearing a navy blue suite with a white shirt and brown shoes, i dont know what to wear to match that.

"Chom, wheres that white body hugging dress of yours? With a navy blue lace print around your waist?" I totally forgot about it,"it probably doesnt even fit me anymore"
Tasha:"well try it on" i look through my luggage, try it on and it fits like a glove! Hugs me on all the right places and i love the length, its knee high and is an off the shoulder design.

"Now what about the shoes chomie"i ask, "dont you have a navy blue block heel?" I smile, Tasha is honestly my hero for the day. We spoke a bit more before i hung up,Phenyo is fetching me at 12 and its 10 right now meaning i have 2 hours before he arrives. I'm letting my hair loose today, i decide to wash my hair and straighten it, it looks so much longer when it is straightened, i tie it up into a low bun then add in afro clip ins to make the bun look bigger, i lay my edges,I've added a bit of gel so that my hair stays in place. I put a doek over my hair then take a shower.

I've painted my nails and shaved my legs. "Dont you wanna be my doll for the day?" Thats my sister, she's a pro when it comes to make up, she's self taught but wow you'd swear she went to school for this, i opt for a natural look, and boy oh boy do i look fiiine!

My sister helps me get into my dress, since its tight fitting you can imagine the struggle of zipping it up, big girl problems right?

I'm here looking fine as hell. "I'm on my way" a text from Phenyo. I'm suddenly nervous as if this is my first time hanging out with him. He finally arrives. We walk out after he greeted my sister. He's such a gentleman he opens the door for me then jogs to his side. The wedding venue is in Foreways which is less than 15 minutes away from morningside. Phenyo connects his phone to the radio and plays "isginci by Mduduzi Ft big zulu", thats the song he played the first time we drove to his place. I look at him and smile, we both sing along, i take a few videos and snaps of us.

We got to the venue and as i walked out he started snapping pictures of me, now I'm very shy but i play along. Before walking in, he says he'd like to go to the bathroom first. So i use this chance to check on my man, he didnt answer his phone when i called this morning. The conversation was rather cold, he just dismissed me saying he's driving. Phenyo walks back to me "Zee, are you okay?" I fake a smile and nodd "are you sure? We can leave if you want us to" such a gentleman "no Phenyo,I'm fine, I'm just thirsty lets go"

We walk into the venue and before you can take a seat, you first need to stand next to this big board that has the bride and grooms face in order for your picture to be snapped first. We stood there looking like couple goals.

We walked in and we were led to what looks like a bar since the matrimonial hasnt started. While laughing at Phenyo as he disses me for saying no to champagne "Zinhle Mnisi" i turn back, and wow i couldnt believe my eyes "Mulalo mulaudzi, Hi" he's standing in front of me with a very beautiful model type lady right next to him. "Meet my girlfriend,Palesa" he says this looking quite impressed with himself. "Hey, it's so lovely to meet you" i fake smile "so who is this you're with?" He asks looking rather concerned "oh this is..." i didnt even finish my sentence "Phenyo Mazibuko, her boyfriend" he doesn't looked too pleased now, "oh nice to meet you, it was lovely seeing you again Zinhle, babe, shall we?" And just like that he walks off.

I give Phenyo a questioning look and he just takes a sip of his whiskey as if nothing happened. We are now sitting at the matrimonial venue, it is a lovely outdoor setting. We are waiting for our bride to walk down the isle, right then the saxophone player starts playing "this is why i love you" we all stand, and wow the Bride looks so breathtaking, the dress, her make up, she looks amazing.

She gets to the front and the husband is tearing up, this is a beautiful moment. They say their vows and as the groom speaks, Phenyo squeezes my hand, i look at him and he smiles. The Brides vows make me tear up abit, i feel Phenyo's thumb wiping the tears off my face. Such a gentleman.

We get to the reception and food is served, Phenyo is being his usual playful self trying to feed me beatroot knowing very well that i dont eat it so we laugh and play around right as we are doing that they play "isginci by mduduzi ft big zulu" Phenyo has taken his suit jacket off, he stands up and pulls my hand to the dance floor, we start dancing, he starts lipsyncing the song to me, i laugh at the parts he misses the lyrics, we sing together we are just lost in our own little world until the song ends and suddenly we hear people clapping hands, only then does it register that we are the only one's on the dance floor. I am flushed with embarrassment but Phenyo assures me that theres nothing wrong with havig a little fun.

Mulalo kept stealing glances at me, i guess Phenyo noticed that because he was all touchy touchy. As we were having dissert, his dissert had more ice cream and i was busy compaining when suddenly i felt his cold lips on mine, it felt so great, he's slow, he lets me take charge of the kiss every now and again, its amazing. I pull away when i remember that we are actually in public, he smiles at me and winks making me even more shy.

Its time for the bouquet to be thrown so all of the single ladies go to the front Phenyo whispers in my ear "ulindeni ungayi(what are you waiting for? Go)" i laugh "marriage isnt for people like myself" he laugh and kisses my cheek , "what do you mean when you say people like yourself" as i am about to respond i feel something landing on my thighs. You wont believe this, the bouquet landed on me, everyone is cheering then Phenyo decides to plant another kiss on my lips...