1

TW's:
*Eviction (is this a trigger?)

The day started just as the usual. I stood up, showered shortly, walked downstairs to make myself some coffee and breakfast. As I drank my coffee, I checked my Twitter for a little. There wasn't too much to check since I only followed five people and I only had two followers. I liked some posts, drank another sip of my coffee and meanwhile I ate sometimes a small spoon full of cereal.

I started waking up a little by my cup of coffee and directly washed the cup when I finished it. The day was just as I always started my days. At least, until now. I cleaned my plate and laid down on the couch. I had to go to the store today, I had to buy some food and I was planning on maybe buying a new shirt since I was wearing the same for weeks now. Maybe I could buy myself a nice new book. I hadn't gone shopping in months. I only went to the supermarket sometimes, but I didn't really have too much money.

I stood up and I wanted to grab my coat, when I suddenly heard the doorbell ring. I shrugged a little, I had no idea who that could be. I walked to the door and unlocked it before opening it. I slowly looked through the small gap and saw a man I had never seen before. He looked at me, holding multiple papers.

'Uh- hello, sir,' I said.

'Are you Clay Smith?'

'Uh- I am, who are you?'

'Mr Smith, you haven't paid your rent for five months now, you ignored the lettre we sent you, the one who originally owns the house, filled a lawsuit against you and since you still didn't listen to anything, we have to unfortunately give you only an hour to pack your stuff and leave.'

My mouth fell open and I looked at them with tears in my eyes. 'What? I never saw a lettre, I never got one?'

'It was sent to this address.'

'I never got it, I swear. I can't leave my house, I don't have enough money.'

'Why haven't you paid?'

'I was working on it, I swear. I will pay everything next month, I swear.'

'We can't accept it, you have to leave your house.'

'But- you can't just- I can't- I mean, no-.'

'I'm sorry.'

'But- all my stuff.'

'You can get it later, you have an hour to pack some of the necessary stuff.'

'But my- I- you can't do this. I never saw the lettre, I actually didn't. Believe me, give me one month. I can't just leave, I-.'

'I'm sorry, but we can't help you. We have to.'

'But-.'

'You have one hour, I'm really sorry. You have to leave before the hour passed, so make sure to have packed the necessary stuff.'

'I can pay you back in one month, I will pay it all.'

'I'm sorry, we can't.'

I was left completely confused and broken. I really had to leave, I couldn't do anything about it anymore. I genuinely hadn't gotten a lettre or something. I felt a tear dropping down my face as my cheeks started heating up more and more. I was literally just getting kicked out of my own house. I turned around and ran upstairs. Tears streamed down my face as I looked around. All my stuff I had worked on. I had painted the walls myself, I had laid the floor, I had made everything beautiful. I had made everything how I liked it.

I grabbed my pillow and hugged it against my body, I wished to have someone around me, but I didn't. No one would help me. I would have to live on the streets. As tears streamed down harder and harder, I started packing the things I needed. I was heartbroken, I was completely torn apart. My own house, my own freaking house. Did I really have to sleep on the streets now?

I saw one of the men coming upstairs and he looked at me.

'Are you okay?'

'What do you expect, sir? I swear I have never gotten a lettre. I swear.'

'I'm so sorry, those cases are the hardest, but we have to. We have to do our jobs.'

'Can I have a moment alone, please?'

'Of course.'

With that he walked away, leaving me full of tears.

735 words

This might not be totally accurate, but I haven't been kicked out my house, so I just based it on what I once saw on the tele LMAO